Game #17: Jackson Generals (9-7) vs. Chattanooga Lookouts (6-10) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark in Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Jochi Ogando (0-1, 3.38) w/HD vs. RHP Tyson Brummett (0-1, 1.00)
Promotions: Family Fun Day (Kids 12-and-under get in free, plus more), Pregame Easter Egg Hunt
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
April 21 – 7:05 vs. Chattanooga RHP Trevor Miller (0-2, 7.30) vs. LHP Chris Reed (1-1, 1.02)
April 22 – 11:05 vs. Chattanooga RHP Stephen Landazuri (2-1, 1.00) vs. TBA
April 23 – 12:05 vs. Chattanooga LHP Cam Hobson (1-1, 3.63) vs. RHP Garrett Gould (0-3, 8.76)
April 24 – 7:05 at Mobile TBA vs. RHP A.J. Schugel (1-0, 3.86)
• The Generals and Lookouts play game 2 of the 5-game series tonight, with Chattanooga leading 1-0.
• RHP Jochi Ogando makes his Double-A debut for the Generals and was 0-1 with a 3.38 ERA for A+ High Desert in 2 starts. RHP Tyson Brummett makes his 3rd start for Chattanooga and 1st against the Generals.
• The Generals jumped out to an early 1-0 lead after the first inning, but couldn’t overcome a 3-run 2nd inning by the Lookouts as Jackson lost to Chattanooga 3-2 on Saturday.
• RF Jabari Blash (2×4, SB) led the team with 2 hits, while SS Ketel Marte (1×3, R, 2 BB), 1B Dan Paolini (1×4), 3B Ramon Morla (1×3, RBI, BB) and LF Patrick Brady (1×4) each recorded 1 hit as Jackson out hit Chattanooga 6-5.
• Starter Moises Hernandez (4.0,3,3,3,1,1) recorded his first loss of the season, allowing 3 runs on 3 hits in 4.0 innings. RH David Colvin (2.2,2,0,0,0,5), RH Stephen Shackleford (1.1,0,0,0,0,1) and RH Stephen Kohlscheen (1.0,0,0,0,0,1) combined to hold the Lookouts scoreless over the final 5.0 innings in relief.
THE COMEBACK KIDS:
• Of Jackson’s 9 wins, 4 have been come-from-behind victories, including 3 in the 9th this past week. (Down 4-0 Sunday to MIS, won 5-4, down 4-3 Monday and won 6-4 at TNS and down 2-0 Friday and won 5-2 at TNS).
• The 9-7 start and 3 straight series’ won is the 2nd best start after 15 games since 2006. In 2012 and 2006 the Generals started 10-5 and in 2012 went on to win the first 5 series’ of the season.
• INF Ketel Marte has hit safely in 13 of 15 games with an at-bat, batting .383 (23×60) with 11 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 RBI, 6 walks and 2 stolen bases.
• OF Nate Melendres has hit safely in 6 of 10 games with an at-bat, batting .353 (12×34) with 7 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 2 RBI and 3 walks.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 9.1 innings to begin the season (5 G). He has limited opponents to a .222 (8×36) average, while walking 0 and striking out 9.
• After allowing a run in his first appearance of the season, RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed a run over 6.0 innings in relief (5 G), including only allowing 2 base hits over this stretch. Overall this season he is 1-0 with 1 save and a 1.23 ERA (1 ER, 7.1 IP) in 6 relief appearances. He has limited opponents to a .148 average (4×27), while walking 1 and striking out 9.
GENERALS RANKS IN THE SOUTHERN LEAGUE:
• Currently the Generals are 9-7 and are T-2nd place in the SL North standings, 1.0 game back of 1st place Huntsville.
• The Generals offense ranks T-2nd in batting (.251), 1st in doubles (35), 4th in OBP (.338), 4th in total bases (184), and 4th in OPS (.693).
• Generals pitching ranks 1st in WHIP (1.01), 1st in hits allowed (101), T-2nd in shutouts with 2, 4th in ERA (3.07), 3rd in runs allowed (53) and posted T-1st fewest walks (39).
HELLO AGAIN CHATTANOOGA:
• The Generals meet the Lookouts 15 times during the 2014 season and Jackson has split the season set so far 3-3. Jackson has out-scored the Lookouts 27-18 this season.
• The Generals hold a 40-32 record against the Lookouts since 2011.
BREAKING DOWN THE ROSTER:
• The Opening Day roster featured 15 players with Double-A experience and 11 that participated in MLB spring training.
• The average age is 23.7. The youngest is 19-year-old starter Victor Sanchez and the oldest is 30-year-old reliever Moises Hernandez.
FROM JACKSON IN 2013 TO SEATTLE IN 2014:
• Of the current Mariners roster their are five members of the 2013 Jackson roster. OF Abraham Almonte, OF James Jones, SS Brad Miller, RHP Dominic Leone and LHP Roenis Elias.
GENERALS IN SEATTLE:
• The current Mariners roster features 15 former Generals.
• James Paxton (DL), Erasmo Ramirez, Brandon Maurer and Roenis Elias are in the starting rotation. Elias was a 2013 Southern League All-Star
• Abraham Almonte, Dustin Ackley, Michael Saunders, Nick Franklin, Kyle Seager, Brad Miller, Stefen Romero and Mike Zunino are position players.
• Tom Wilhelmsen, Dominic Leone and Yoervis Medina are in the M’s bullpen.