Game #19: Jackson Generals (9-9) vs. Chattanooga Lookouts (8-10) | 11:05 am | The Ballpark in Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (2-1, 1.00) vs. RHP Andres Santiago (0-0, 2.70)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals will try to avoid a 4th straight loss this morning at 11:05 a.m. in game 4 of the 5-game series with Chattanooga. (0-3).
• RHP Stephen Landazuri makes his 4th start of the season today. He currently ranks 2nd in the SL with 21 strikeouts.
• The Generals found themselves on the short end of a 7-4, 18-inning loss last night to the Chattanooga Lookouts.
• The game was 5 hours and 18 minutes, the longest game since August 12, 2006, a 20 inning 5 hour, 22 minute game. Generals pitching recorded 22 strikeouts in the game. The loss is the third straight and Jackson drops their first series of 2014.
• The Generals held a 4-1 lead entering the seventh inning, prior to a Chattanooga rally.
• Starter Trevor Miller (0-2) recorded a season-high 7 strikeouts and retired 12 of the last 13 batters faced before exiting in the 7th. The right-hander allowed just three hits and a run on 80 pitches (58 strikes).
• SS Ketel Marte (3-7, RBI, R, BB) doubled to score Jamal Austin (1-6, 2 R) in the 1st before scoring on a single by RF Nate Melendres (1-5, 2 RBI) several at-bats later. Melendres provided an RBI in the third on a sacrifice fly to score Austin with one-out.
• Both teams were held scoreless for 10 innings before Daniel Mayora hit an RBI triple that scored Darnell Sweeney in the top of the 18th..Scott Schebler added a 2-run home run to cap off the Chattanooga 18th and victory.
• INF Ketel Marte has hit safely in 14 of 16 games with an at-bat, batting .380 (27×71) with 12 runs scored, 6 doubles, 2 RBI, 7 walks and 3 stolen bases.
• OF Nate Melendres has hit safely in 8 of 12 games with an at-bat, batting .351 (13×42) with 7 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 3 RBI and 3 walks.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 12.1 innings to begin the season (6 G). He has limited opponents to a .196 (9×46) average, while walking 0 and striking out 13.
• After allowing a run in his first appearance of the season, RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed a run over 9.0 innings in relief (6 G), including only allowing 5 base hits over this stretch. Overall this season he is 1-0 with 1 save and a 0.87 ERA (1 ER, 10.1 IP) in 7 relief appearances. He has limited opponents to a .189 average (7×37),
while walking 1 and striking out 9.
BLASH PICKING UP WHERE HE LEFT OFF IN 2013:
• Generals OF Jabari Blash in 47 games since being promoted to Jackson in late 2013 is batting .294, with 12 home runs, 8 doubles, 34 RBIs and posted a 1.020 OPS for the Generals.
• This season Blash currently ranks T-2nd in extra-base hits (8), T-1st in runs scored (13), 1st in walks (15) and 5th in on-base percentage (.432) in the Southern League.
MEMPHIS TAKES ON VANDY TONIGHT:
• Memphis and Vanderbilt meet for the first time since 2008, a game the Commodores won 8-0 at then Pringles Park.
• The series between the two teams is knotted at 11-11 dating back to 1981.
• Memphis put together back-to-back wins for the first time since early March with a three-game sweep of Alcorn State over the weekend.
• Vanderbilt enters midweek action with a 29-12 record, but are 4-6 in their last 10 outings.
HELLO AGAIN CHATTANOOGA:
• The Generals meet the Lookouts 15 times during the 2014 season and Chattanooga leads the season series so far 5-3.
• The Generals hold a 40-34 record against the Lookouts since 2011.