Game #21: Jackson Generals (11-9) at Mobile BayBears (11-9) | 7:05 pm | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: LHP James Gillheeney (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP A.J. Schugel (1-0, 3.86)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals open a 5-game road series tonight at Mobile.
• Recently completed a homestand and lost first series of 2014 going 2-3 against Chattanooga…went 6-4 in the first two road series’ of 2014 to Chattanooga and Tennessee.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN in West Tennessee, jacksongeneralsbaseball.com and TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals (wrapped up their series with the Chattanooga Lookouts with a 5-3 win Wednesday. The Generals took the final 2 games of their homestand after dropping the first 3.
• Jackson jumped out to an early lead again on Wednesday as Dan Paolini (1-3, 3 RBI, R) homered in the 1st inning down the left field line to score Jabari Blash (1-2, R, 2 BB) and Kevin Rivers (1-3, RBI, R)
• Blash added an RBI single in the 2nd to score Jack Marder (2-2, 2 R, BB) and push the Generals’ lead to 4-0
Starter Cam Hobson (2-1) earned his 2nd victory (both against Chattanooga) after tossing 5.1 innings. Despite allowing 3 runs in the 6th, Jackson’s bullpen held his early advantage.
• Jordan Shipers (H, 1) went 2.2 innings and allowed just 1 hit. Richard Vargas (1) earned his first save of the season after retiring the game’s final 3 batters in the 9th.
• Kevin Rivers provided the final insurance run in the seventh with a sacrifice fly to score Marder and put Jackson ahead 5-3
• The Generals have scored 11 of 15 runs in the last 3 games in the first two innings (2-1).
• INF Ketel Marte has a hit in 16 of 19 games this season batting ..364 with 6 doubles, 2 RBI, 13 runs and a .430 OBP. He ranks 2nd in the league in AVG and 1st in hits (28).
• INF Dan Paolini hit his 1st Double-A HR on Wednesday (44th game) and has a .294 AVG with 1 home run, 1 double, 4 RBI and a .898 OPS over his last 5 games.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 12.1 innings to begin the season (6 G). He has limited opponents .196 (9×46) average, while walking 0 and striking out 13. After allowing a run in his first appearance of the season,
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed a run over 9.0 innings in relief (6 G), including only allowing 5 base hits over this stretch. Overall this season he is 1-0 with 1 save and a 0.87ERA (1 ER, 10.1 IP) in 7 relief appearances. He has limited opponents to a .189 average (7×37), while walking 1 and striking out 14.
#BLASH BLASTS CONTINUE IN 2014:
• Generals OF Jabari Blash in has played in all 20 games this season and has .262 AVG with 5 doubles, 4 home runs, 17 RBI and 22 walks in 68 at-bats).
HOME AWAY FROM HOME – HANK AARON STADIUM:
• The Generals and BayBears meet 20 times during the 2014 season, despite not being in the same division.
• This is the first of 3 trips and 15 games in total to be played in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium.
• Last season were 6-9 against Mobile which included a 7-game series in 4 days last August (2-5).
MARATHON GAME ON MONDAY BY THE NUMBERS:
• The Generals fell on Monday night into Tuesday morning 7-4 in 18 innings and 5 hours, 17 minutes. It tied for the 2nd-longest game in franchise history. The longest was a 20-inning game on August 12, 2006 at Jacksonville in which the Jaxx lost to the Suns, 5-2 in 5 hours, 22 minutes.
• During the game there were 11 pitchers used with 515 pitches, 32 strikeouts (22 by Jackson), 126 official at-bats , 22 runners left stranded and no leadoff hitter reached from the 8th inning until the 17th inning.
• The Generals have been involved in the longest game in the Southern League in 2 of the last 3 years.
4/15/12: JXN 4, MIS 3 (16) in 5:03
5/25/11: MOB 4, JXN 3 (18) in 4:47