Game #37: Jackson Generals (15-21) vs. Tennessee Smokies (21-15) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Matt Anderson (3-2, 5.23 w/HD) vs. RHP Matt Loosen (2-2, 3.90)
Promotions: Family Fun Day
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals look to snap a 3-game losing streak tonight in game 2 of the 5-game series vs. Tennessee…coming off a 1-4 road trip at Huntsville and have dropped 4 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• DH Dan Paolini hit his first grand slam home run in the 2nd innings, but it wasn’t enough as Jackson lost to Tennessee 10-6 on Saturday night.
• Paolini (2×5, R, HR, 4 RBI), C Manny Pina (2×5, 2 RBI) and SS Patrick Brady (2×4, R) each recorded 2 of the Generals
• Paolini’s 4 RBI marked the 7th time in his career game with at least 4 RBI (last: 5, 4/28/13 vs. Stockton w/HD).
• Starter Kyle Hunter (3.1,5,5,5,2,3,2HR) allowed 5 runs on 5 hits in 3.1 innings, but did not factor into the decision. LH Jordan Shipers (1.1,5,2,2,2,2) recorded his 3rd loss of the season, allowing 2 runs in 1.1 innings. RH Moises Hernandez (2.1,4,0,0,0,2) tossed 2.1 scoreless innings, while RH Mayckol Guaipe (2.0,4,3,3,1,2,2HR) allowed 3 runs over the final 2.0 innings.
RUTGERS STAR BOLSTERS GENERALS LINEUP:
• Newest General INF Patrick Kivlehan recorded 12 multi-RBI games this season for High Desert. His 35 RBI currently ranks 2nd amongst all minor league players.
• Dating back to August 1, 2013, Kivlehan has driven in 74 runs over 62 games in the minor leagues. During this 62 game stretch leads all minor league players.
• Overall this season, he is batting .282 (40×142) with 24 runs scored, 9 doubles, 2 triples, 9 home runs, 35 RBI, 12 walks and 2 stolen base.
PRINCE MOISES ADDING SOLID RELIEF:
• RH Moises Hernandez, Felix’s older brother has not allowed an earned run in his last 8.1 innings in relief.
BRADY IS LEADING THE BUNCH RIGHT NOW:
• INF Patrick Brady has hit safely in each of his last 5 games, batting .400 (8×20) with 3 runs scored, 1 double, 1 home run and 4 RBI.
HOBSON KEEPS SEEING HIS ERA DROP:
• LHP Cam Hobson has not allowed an earned run in his last 19.0 innings over his last 3 starts. Since April 23, he is 2-0 with a 1.11 ERA (3 ER, 24.1 IP), while walking 7 and striking out 8 in 4 starts. Overall this season he has limited opponents to a .247 (38×154) average, including a .130 (3×23) clip vs. left-handed batters.
THE “KETEL” STAYING HOT – HIT STREAK AT 9:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in each of his last 9 games, batting .306 (11×36) with 4 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 RBI, 2 walks and 5 stolen baes. This is his 3rd hitting streak of 7 or more this season…After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stole 8 bases in his last 14 games.
AROUND THE MARINERS MINORS YESTERDAY:
• AAA: Tacoma, at Las Vegas 17-15, 1st, +0.5 SUSPENDED – WIND – Last night’s game between Tacoma and Las Vegas was suspended after the 7th inning due to severe wind with the score tied 5-5.
• A+: Lancaster 12, at High Desert 5 21-16, T2nd, -1.0 L-Unsworth (2-3) The Mavericks recorded 10 hits, but it wasn’t enough as High Desert fell to Lancaster 5-12 on Saturday night.
• A-: Peoria 8, at Clinton 6 (11 IP) 18-16, 4th, -7.0 L-Pagan (1-1) SS Jack Reinheimer drove in 3 runs in Clinton’s 6-8 loss to Peoria in 12.0 innings on Saturday night.
• The Generals and Smokies play 15 times this season and 10 of the 15 games occur at The Ballpark at Jackson. Currently the season series is knotted at 3-3.
• Last season the Generals went 3-16 against the Smokies after going 17-7 against the baby Bears in 2012.
• The Generals took 3 of 5 against Tennessee in the series on Smokies Park, April 14-18.