Game #42: Jackson Generals (17-24) vs. Montgomery Biscuits (22-19) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (0-0, 6.59) vs. RHP Dylan Floro (2-4, 5.20)
Promotions: Postgame Fireworks (JEA), Reading Night (Union), Darin Lee Jerden Band Post-Game Concert, Jersey Auction, National Guard Night, Gender Olympics
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue the 5-game series with Montgomery with game 4 of the set …this is the 2nd leg of rain-shortened 9-game homestand (2-4) with Tennessee and Montgomery…have dropped 5 straight series’ after winning first 3.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals couldn’t rebound from a 5-run 2nd inning as Jackson lost 2-10 to Montgomery on Friday night.
• 1B Dan Paolini (2×3, BB), C John Hicks (2×4, R, 2B) and CF Leon Landry (2×4, 2B, RBI) each recorded 2 of the Generals 8 hits. Landry and 3B Jack Marder (1×4, R, 2B, RBI) each drove in a run for Jackson in the bottom of the 2nd innings.
• Starter Matt Anderson (4.0,10,6,6,1,2) recorded his 2nd loss, after allowing 6 runs on 10 hits in 4.0 innings. LH Nick Hill (1.1,3,3,3,3,1), Richard Vargas (2.1,0,0,0,0,2,2) and RH
Stephen Kohlscheen (1.1,2,1,1,1,2) allowed a combined 4 runs over 5.0 innings in relief.
STILL THE TOUGHEST IN THE LEAGUE TO STRIKEOUT:
• After 41 games the Generals are still the toughest team in the league to strikeout only going down on strikes only 6.65 times per game.
• Jack Marder (2nd, 1/10.18 AB), Jamal Austin (3rd, 1/10.13 AB) and Ketel Marte (4th, 1/10.06 AB) rank among the toughest in the league to K.
HICKS WITH A SL LEADING ON-BASE STREAK:
• C John Hicks had an RBI and a triple last night and extended his on-base streak to 16 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .266 (17×64), with 3 doubles, 1 triiple, 7 runs, 7 walks, 9 RBI and a .333 OBP. It’s the longest active streak in the league. Hicks also currently has a 7-game hit streak, batting .333 (9×27) with 5 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 2 walks.
BLACK JACK IS BACK:
• INF Jack Marder has hit safely in each of his last 5 game he has appeared, batting .429 (6×14) with 6 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 RBI and 3 walks.
PIZZANO JOINS GENERALS FROM HIGH DESERT:
• Former Ivy League Player of the Year in 2012, OF Dario Pizzano has joined the Generals from A+ High Desert where he was leading the CAL League in doubles (16)
• Pizzano led all Mariners farmhands in 2013 with 40 doubles, while ranking T6th amongst all minor league players
DOWD PUTTING TOGETHER A SOLID MAY:
• C Mike Dowd saw his 5-game hitting streak come to an end on Thursday, but in May Dowd is batting .280 (7×25) with 1 triple, 1 home run, 3 RBI and a .357 OBP.
KETEL MARTE REMAINS A TOUGH OUT:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 13 of his last 14 games, batting .339 (20×54) with 9 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 6 RBI, 3 walks and 9 stolen baes. After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stolen 12 bases in his last 20 games.
• Marte currently ranks 2nd in AVG (.324), 2nd in doubles (12), 4th in stolen bases (13) and T-2nd in hits (48) in the SL.
IT’S BEEN AN OFFENSIVE HOMESTAND:
• During the first 6 games of the homestand Jackson has scored 44 runs and posted a .305 AVG with 3 home runs and 43 RBIs.
• So far there have been 99 runs scored in total during the first 6 games of the rain shortened 9-game homestand.
BRING ON THE BISCUITS:
• Montgomery and Jackson meet 20 total times in 2014, which is the 2nd-longest season series (Huntsville). Thus far the season series is tied at 1-1.
• In 2013 the Generals went 10-5 against the Tampa Bay Rays AA affiliate including 7-3 in games played in Jackson.
• OF Leon Landry batted just .163 (8×49) against Montgomery. last year, but had 3 of his 6 HR of 2014 in 13 games against the Biscuits. He also had 8 RBI.
• Last season Jackson pitching posted a 2.53 ERA in the 15 games against Montgomery.