Game #45: Jackson Generals (18-26) vs. Jacksonville Suns (21-23) | 6:05 pm CT | Bragan Field
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (1-1, 5.06) vs. RHP Jose Urena (4-2, 4.87)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals open up their longest road trip of the season tonight in Jacksonville, with game 1 of a 5-game series against the Suns…the Generals will move on to Mobile for a 5-game set to follow…have dropped 6 straight series’ after winning first 3.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored 9 runs over the 3rd-7th innings, but it wasn’t enough as Jackson lost to Montgomery 11-9 on Monday afternoon.
• CF Leon Landry (4×4, R, 3 2B, 2 RBI) led the team with 4 hits, while LF Dan Paolini (2×4, R, 2 2B, RBI, BB), C John Hicks (2×3, R, RBI, BB) and 1B Mickey Wiswall (2×4, R, RBI) each recorded 1 of the team’s 11 hits.
• Starter Cam Hobson (4.1,9,5,5,3,2,HR) allowed 5 runs on 9 hits in 4.1 innings, but did not factor into the decision. LH Kyle Hunter (1.2,2,1,1,0,0,HR), RH Richard Vargas (0.2,2,3,3,4,1) and LH Nick Hill (1.1,2,2,2,1,1) combined to allow 6 runs over 3.1 innings in relief, while RH Mayckol Guaipe (1.0,0,0,0,0,0) tossed a 1-2-3 9th inning. Hill recorded his first loss of the season with Jackson, after allowing 2 runs in the 8th inning.
IT WAS AN OFFENSIVE HOMESTAND:
• The Generals concluded their rain-shortened homestand on Monday in which 132 runs were scored in 9 games.
• The Generals batted .295 (89×302), but were out-scored 71-61 and lost 6 of 9 against Tennessee and Montgomery.
HICKS WITH A SL LEADING ON-BASE STREAK:
• C John Hicks has expanded his league-leading on-base streak to 19 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .300 (21×70), with 4 doubles, 1 triiple, 11 runs, 9 walks, 10 RBI and a .375 OBP. The streak is the 4th-longest this season in the SL. (John Andreoli TNS, 30, Kris Bryant TNS, 24, Trayce Thompson BIR, 20). Hicks also currently has an 9-game hit streak, batting .394 (13×33) with 9 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 6 RBI and 4 walks.
LANDRY RETURNING TO TRUE FORM:
• OF Leon Landry has recorded multi-hit games in each of his last 3 games batting .727 (8×11) with 1 run scored, 5 doubles,1 triple and 3 RBI. Landry has risen his batting average from .155 to .211 during this stretch.
• Landry recorded his 9th career 4-hit game Monday and first since Aug. 10, 2012 vs. Bakersfield (w/High Desert).
DOWD AND MARDER HAVE HIT IN SIX OF SEVEN:
• INF Jack Marder has hit safely in 6 of his last 7 games, batting .368 (7×19) with 8 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 RBI and 6 walks.
• C Mike Dowd has hit safely in 6 of his last 7 games with 3 multi-hit contests, batting .360 (9×25) with 4 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run, 4 RBI and 3 walks.
Jackson starter Trevor Miller has recorded a win in each of his last 3 appearances, going 3-0 with a 1.02 ERA (2 ER, 17.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .167 average (10×60), while walking 6 and striking out 12. Since April 21, Miller is 3-2 with a 2.34 ERA (9 ER, 34.2 IP) in 6 games (5 GS). During this stretch he has lowered his season ERA from 7.30 to 3.64.
LET THE SUNSHINE IN:
• The Generals and Suns meet 10 times during the 2014 and the clubs are seperated by 711 miles (farthest opponent for Generals).
• Last season the teams met just 8 times with 2 games being cancelled due to rain. Jackson went 3-5 against Jacksonviile last season including going 2-3 at Bragan Field.
• Only 7 of the Generals current roster have played at Bragan Field (Position players John Hicks, Jack Marder, Leon Landry and pitchers Moises Hernandez, Nick Hill, Kyle Hunter and Stephen Kohlscheen.