Game #47: Jackson Generals (18-28) at Jacksonville Suns (23-23) | 6:05 pm CT | Bragan Field
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (0-1, 5.09) vs. RHP Jared Rogers (0-0, 0.00)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Interviews
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their longest road trip of the season with game 3 of a 5-game series at Jacksonville (0-2)…the Generals will then play 5 games at Mobile…have dropped 6 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored a go-ahead run in the top of the 10th inning, but allowed a run in the bottom of 10th and again the bottom of the 12th inning as Jackson lost to Jacksonville 3-2 on Thursday night.
• DH John Hicks (3×5, 2 R, HR, RBI) led the team with 3 hits,
including recording his first home run of the season with a solo blast to leadoff the 5th inning.
CF Jamal Austin (1×5), 1B Patrick Kivlehan (1×5, 3B), C Mike Dowd (1×2) and C Manny Pina (1×4) each recorded 1 of the Generals 8 hits.
• Starter Matt Anderson (7.0,5,1,0,1,5,WP) allowed 1 run (0 ER) on 5 hits in 7.0 innings, but did factor into the decision after leaving the game with the scored tied 1-1. RH Stephen Kohlscheen (2.0,0,0,0,1,2) tossed 2.0 hitless innings, while RH Mayckol Guaipe (2.0,1,0,0,2,2) and RH Moises Hernandez (0.2,2,1,1,1,0) each allowed 1 run in relief. Hernandez recorded his 3rd loss of the season, after allowing a 2-out single in the bottom of the 12th inning.
HICKS UPS HIT STREAK TO 10 – ON-BASE STREAK TO 20:
• C John Hicks has expanded his league-leading on-base streak to 20 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .320 (24×75), with 4 doubles, 1 triiple, 1 home run, 12 runs, 9 walks, 11 RBI and a .388 OBP. The streak is the T-3rd-longest this season in the SL. (John Andreoli TNS, 30, Kris Bryant TNS, 24, Trayce Thompson BIR, 20). Hicks also has a 10-game hit streak, batting .421 (16×38) with 11 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 7
RBI and 4 walks.
LANDRY STARTING TO WARM UP AT THE PLATE:
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 4 of his last 5 games with 4 multi-hit contests, batting .625 (10×16) with 1 run scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple and 4 RBI.
• Landry recorded his 9th career 4-hit game Monday and first since Aug. 10, 2012 vs. Bakersfield (w/High Desert).
DOWD PUTTING TOGETHER A SOLID MAY:
• C Mike Dowd has hit safely in 8 of his last 9 games with 3 multi-hit contests, batting .367 (11×30) with 4 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run, 4 RBI and 3 walks.
Jackson starter Trevor Miller has recorded a win in each of his last 3 appearances, going 3-0 with a 1.02 ERA (2 ER, 17.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .167 average (10×60), while walking 6 and striking out 12. Since April 21, Miller is 3-2 with a 2.34 ERA (9 ER, 34.2 IP) in 6 games (5 GS). During this stretch he has lowered his season ERA from 7.30 to 3.64.
LET THE SUNSHINE IN:
• The Generals and Suns meet 10 times during the 2014 season (0-2) and the clubs are seperated by 711 miles (farthest opponent for Generals).
• Last season the teams met just 8 times with 2 games being cancelled due to rain. Jackson went 3-5 against Jacksonviile last season including going 2-3 at Bragan Field.
• Only 7 of the Generals current roster have played at Bragan Field (Position players John Hicks, Jack Marder, Leon Landry and pitchers Moises Hernandez, Nick Hill, Kyle Hunter and Stephen Kohlscheen.