Game #51: Jackson Generals (20-30) at Mobile BayBears (31-19) | 7:05 pm CT | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Matt Anderson (0-2, 9.42) vs. RHP A.J. Schugel (2-1, 3.35)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their longest road trip of the season with game 2 of the 5-game series at Mobile…dropped 3 of 5 in Jacksonville in first leg of 10-game road trip…have dropped 7 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals held a 2-0 lead before allowing 6 runs (4 ER) in the 7th inning and couldn’t rebound as Jackson lost to Mobile 6-3 on Monday afternoon.
• Starer Tyler Olson (6.1,5,2,2,1,8,HR) held the BayBears scoreless for 6.0 innings, before being charged with 2 runs in the 7th inning. RH Moises Hernandez (0.2,4,4,2,1,0) recoreded his 4th loss of the season, allowing 4 runs (2 ER) on 3 hits in 0.2 innings. LH Nick Hill (1.0,1,0,0,0,1) allowed 1 hit and struck out 1 in a scoreless 8th inning.
• SS Ketel Marte (1×5), 3B/1B Patrick Kivlehan (1×3, BB), 1B Mickey Wiswall (1×3, R, RBI, BB), C Mike Dowd (1×3, R, BB), 2B Jack Marder (1×4, RBI) and CF Jamal Austin (1×4, RBI) each recorded 1 of the Generals 6 hits.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Strkeouts piling up – Starter Tyler Olson ranks T-8th in strikeouts (24) in MiLB since May 9th and is 1-1, with a 3.41 ERA over his last 4 starts.
• Black Jack – INF Jack Marder is 6×9, with 3 runs, 1 double, 1 home run and 3 RBI over his last 3 games.
• Settling In – INF Patrick Kivlehan is on a 5-game hitting streak batting .389 (7×18) over his last 5 games with 3 runs, 1 triple, 1 double, 1 home run and 2 RBI.
• Double-digit hits – Recorded double-digit hits in 4 of 6 games in Jacksonville and 8 of last 11 games overall.
• Toughest to strikeout – Jack Marder (1/10.85) ranks 1st while Jamal Austin (1/9.15) is 3rd toughest to strikeout in the Southern League.
• Throwing Strikes- Stephen Kohlscheen (1.08), Kyle Hunter (1.25) and Mayckol Guaipe (1.59) rank 1st, 3rd and 4th among SL relievers in fewest walks per 9 IP
• Tough May – last in the league with a 7-17 record during the month of May.
PAOLINI, WISWALL PUTTING TOGETHER STREAKS:
• INF Dan Paolini currently has an 8-game hitting streak, batting .324 (11×34) with 4 runs, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 6 RBI and a .395 OBP during the streak.
• INF Mickey Wiswall has an 9-game hitting streak, batting .371(13×35) with 9 runs, 2 doubles, 3 home runs,10 RBI and a .368 OBP
Top Current Hitting Streaks in the Southern League
Ryan Brett (MTG) 11 (5/7-current)
David Rohm (MIS) 10 (5/14-current
Mickey Wiswall (JXN) 9 (5/11-current)
Dan Paolini (JXN) 8 (5/16-current)
• Catchers Mike Dowd (.325) and John Hicks (.345) have combined to bat .337 (32×95) with 18 runs, 5 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, and 15 RBI so far during the month of May.
RETURN OF THE MEGABOWL IN MOBILE:
• The Generals and BayBears meet for their 2nd series at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile. The clubs will meet 20 times this season including 15 games in Mobile.
• The BayBears took 4 of 5 from Jackson April 24-28, out-scoring the Generals 29-8 over the five games.