Game #52: Jackson Generals (21-30) at Mobile BayBears (31-20) | 7:05 pm CT | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (1-1, 5.56) vs. RHP Justin Fitzgerald (3-0, 4.37)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue the 10-game, 2 city road trip (3-4) with game 3 of the 5-game series at Mobile (1-1)…dropped 3 of 5 in Jacksonville in first leg of 10-game road trip…have dropped 7 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• 1B Dan Paolini blasted a solo home run with 2 outs in the top of the 12th inning Tuesday helping Jackson to a 5-4 victory over the BayBears in Mobile.
• Jack Marder (2×4, 2 R, BB), Patrick Kivlehan (2×5, RBI, BB) and Mickey Wiswall (2×5) each recorded 2 of Jackson’s 10 hits on Tuesday night.
• Reliever Stephen Shackleford (4-1, 4.18) earned his 4th win as he gave up just one hit and shut out Mobile in two innings of work out of the bullpen. Stephen Kohlsheen (1-1, 3 SV, 1.38) picked up his team-leading 3rd save of the season in the bottom of the 12th.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• A rare 1-run win – The 5-4 12 inning victory on Tuesday was just the 2nd 1-run victory of the season, improving to 2-6.
• Black Jack – INF Jack Marder is 8×13 (.615), with 5 runs, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run and 3 RBI over his 4-game hit streak.
• Settling In – INF Patrick Kivlehan is on a 6-game hitting streak batting .391 (9×23) over his last 6 games with 3 runs, 1 triple, 1 double, 1 home run and 3 RBI.
• Double-digit hits – Recorded double-digit hits in 5 of 7 games on road trip and 9 of last 12 games overall.
• Toughest to strikeout – Jack Marder (1/11.23) ranks 1st while Jamal Austin (1/9.00) and Ketel Marte (1/8.67) is 4th toughest to strikeout in the Southern League.
• Throwing Strikes- Stephen Kohlscheen (1.04), Kyle Hunter (1.16) and Mayckol Guaipe (1.59) rank 1st, 3rd and 4th among SL relievers in fewest walks per 9 IP
• Giving up the long ball – Jackson pitching has surrendered 43 home runs which is 2nd-most in the league this season. (Huntsville, 1st – 46).
• Tough May – last in the league with a 8-17 record during the month of May.
PAOLINI, WISWALL EXTEND HIT STREAKS TUESDAY:
• INF Dan Paolini currently has an 9-game hitting streak, batting .325 (13×40) with 5 runs, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home ruS, 8 RBI and a .386 OBP during the streak.
• INF Mickey Wiswall has a 10-game hitting streak, batting .375(15×40) with 9 runs, 2 doubles, 3 home runs,10 RBI and a .370 OBP.
Top Current Hitting Streaks in the Southern League
David Rohm (MIS) 11 (5/14-current
Mickey Wiswall (JXN) 10 (5/11-current)
Dan Paolini (JXN) 9 (5/16-current)
• The Generals played their 5th extra inning game last night improving to 2-3 in those games. The 4 hours, 4 minute duration was the 2nd-longest of the season. It was the 2nd of the road trip (12 inning 3-2 loss 5/22@JAX). Last night there were 3 extra inning games in the Southern League. MIS 3, PNS 2 (11), HVL 2, TNS 1 (10).
RETURN OF THE MEGABOWL IN MOBILE:
• The Generals and BayBears meet for their 2nd series at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile. The clubs will meet 20 times this season including 15 games in Mobile.
• The BayBears took 4 of 5 from Jackson April 24-28, out-scoring the Generals 29-8 over the five games.