Game #100: Jackson Generals 12-18 (43-56) vs. Huntsville Stars 16-15 (62-49)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (4-5, 4.62) vs. RHP Jacob Barnes (2-4, 4.55)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue a five-game series at The Ballpark in Jackson tonight against the Huntsville Stars (0-1)…Jackson is 7-9 against Huntsivlle this season and 4-2 in Jackson…will play the Stars 9 more times during the final 40 games of the regular season. The Geneals have dropped 12 of their last 17 home games dating back to 6/14.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Stars cored 5 runs on 10 hits Monday and four of those runs and 9 of the hits came with 2 outs in a 5-2 win over the Generals Monday. The loss was Jackson’s 3rd straight.
• Jackson took a 2-1 lead after the first inning on an RBI double by Patrick Kivlehan (1×4), his 15th on the season. Julio Morban (0x4) added an RBI groundout to give Jackson the lead.
• Huntsville scored a run in the 5th and 2 more in the 7th to take a 5-2 lead.
• Starter Matt Anderson (6.0,4,2,2,1,2) notched his 5th quality start, but it was in a no decision. LH Cam Hobson (1.2,4,3,3,2,2) suffered the loss.
• Brock Hebert (2×3) had Jackson’s only multi-hit game recording his 3rd straight 2-hit game.
PETERSON & KIVLEHAN AT THE TOP OF M’S ORGANIZATION:
• D.J. Peterson and Patrick Kivlehan rank 1st and 2nd in the Mariners Minor League system in RBI’s with 84 and 81 respectively. Peterson is first in homers (22) while Kivlehan ranks 5th (16). Peterson is 4th in AVG (.323) and Kivlehan is 10th (.301).
MULTI-HIT MARTE STAYING AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE:
• INF Ketel Marte recorded his 30th multi-hit game on Sunday and he currently has a 5-game hit streak. He ranks first in the league in at-bats (380), 11th in the league in batting (.298), 1st in hits (113), 5th in triples (6) and 5th in stolen bases (21).
• Marte has posted 5 hitting streaks this season of 7 or more,
KIVLEHAN NOW AMONGST THE SL LEADERS IN AVG:
• INF Patrick Kivlehan now has enough Double-A at-bats to qualify for the league leaders and his .312 batting average currently ranks 5th in the league.
WHAT A JULY FOR THE PIZZA MAN:
• In 16 July games so far OF Dario Pizzano is batting .340 (16×47) with 10 runs, 4 doubles, 4 triples, 2 home runs, 13 RBI, 11 walks and posted a .467 on-base percentage. His July OPS is 1.190..
ODDS AND ENDS:
• July by the numbers – After batting .294 as a team in June, the Generals are currently batting a league-best .276 in July. The 17 July home runs ranks T-2nd in the league and 9 wins is T-4th.
• Extra Extra Bases & Speed – The Generals currently rank T-2nd in the league doubles (181) and 2nd in the league in triples (35). They also rank 2nd in the league with 94 stolen bases.
• INF Brock Hebert has recorded 3 straight 2-hit games and is batting .600 (6×10) with 3 runs in his last 3 games.
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 5 straight games batting .304 (7×23) with 6 runs, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run and 3 RBI.
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 20 of his last 21 games, batting .305 (29×95) with 15 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run 6 RBI and 7 stolen bases. Since June 7, Landry has hit safely in 32 of his last 35 games with 16 multi-hit efforts, batting .338 (49×145) with 23 runs scored, 6 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 8RBI, 3 walks and 14 stolen bases. During this 30 game stretch he has raised his season average from .236 to .284.
• 3B D.J. Peterson has hit safely in 18 of 21 games with Jackson, batting .302 (26×85) with 12 runs scored, 4 doubles, 4 home runs, 8 RBI and 7 walks. Peterson cufrently leads all the Mariners Minors with 23 home runs this season.
SANCHEZ CONTINUES TO PITCH WELL IN JULY:
• Reigning Southern League Pitcher of the Week Victor Sanchez is currently 2-0, with a 1.44 ERA in 4 July starts, allowing 4 earned runs in 25.0 IP. He has 19 strikeouts and 4 walks, while holding opponents to a .155 average. Overall this season Sanchez is 5-4, with a 3.62 in 15 starts.