Game #103: Jackson Generals 15-18 (46-56) vs. Huntsville Stars 16-18 (62-52)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Pike (2-1, 5.01) vs. LHP Brent Suter (9-7, 3.91)
Promotions: Free Cash Friday, Flat Screen Friday
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals look for their 4th straight win for the first time this season in game 5 of a series at The Ballpark in Jackson against the Huntsville Stars (3-1)…Jackson is 10-9 against Huntsville this season and 6-3 in Jackson…,the Generals have won 3 of last 4 series and 7 of last 10 games overall.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• SS Brock Hebert (1×3, RBI) broke a 2-2 tie with a two-out RBI single in the sixth inning last night giving Jackson a 3-2 victory that clinched a third straight win and the series against Huntsville.
• C Mike Dowd (2×3, R) collected Jackson’s only multi-hit game as CF Leon Landry (1×4) extended his hitting streak to 15 games and LF Pat Kivlehan (1×4, 2B, R) upped his to 8 games.
• Starter Victor Sanchez (4.0,5,2,2,1,4) took a no decision while reliever Trevor Miller (2.2,2,0,0,1,4) picked up his first win since 5/29. Kyle Hunter (1.1,1,0,0,1,2) added a hold and Matt Brazis (1.0,0,0,0,1,1) earned his first Jackson save.
EARLY RUN SCORING HAS BEEN KEY FOR GENERALS:
• The Generals have scored in the first inning of second innning in 14 of their last 18 games. In total this season the Generals have scored 56 runs in the first and 58 runs in the second and 26% of total runs scored have occurred in those two frames.
TAYLOR IS 151ST JACKSON PLAYER TO MAKE MLB DEBUT:
• Chris Taylor made his Major League debut last night for Seattle, starting at shortstop and batting ninth.
• Recorded first hit in bottom 5th inning (single to center off Wei-Yin Chen).
• Taylor is the 151st Jackson player to make his MLB debut and is the 8th from the 2013 roster. He joins OF Abraham Almonte, C Brandon Bantz, OF James Jones, SS Brad Miller, LHP Roenis Elias, RHP Dominic Leone and RHP Taijuan Walker.
LANDRY HAS A 15-GAME HITTING STREAK:
• OF Leon Landry currently has a 15-game hit streak, batting .294 (20×68) with 13 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 home run, 4 RBI 1 walk and 7 stolen bases. It is currently the longest in the Southern League.
2014 GENERALS HITTING STREAKS:
Player Streak Duration
Patrick Kivlehan 17 6/3-6/23
Jamal Austin 15 5/29-6/19
Leon Landry 15 7/4-current
Ketel Marte 13 5/25-6/7
Mickey Wiswall 12 5/11-5/30
John Hicks 11 5/6-5/23
BRAZIS PICKS UP FIRST DOUBLE-A SAVE ON THURSDAY:
• RHP Matt Brazis recorded his first Jackson save Thursday night against Huntsville. In his first 5 Double-A outings he has allowed just 1 run in 10.2 IP (0.84 ERA), walking just 2 and striking out 10. In total, Brazis is 4-0, with a 2.52 ERA in 28 games, posting 60 strikeouts and just 10 walks.