Game #105: Jackson Generals 16-19 (47-57) at Mobile BayBears 21-13 (62-41)
Time/Place: 5:05 pm CT | Hank Aaron Stadium | Mobile, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (5-5, 4.50) vs. RHP Mike Lee (6-5, 4.65)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• On Sunday, the Generals play game two of a five-game series at Mobile (0-1)…the Generals have won three of the last four series…this is Jackson’s third trip to Mobile and are 3-8 at Mobile this season and 4-12 overall.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• 2B Patrick Brady hit a solo home run in the top of the 3rd inning, but it wasn’t enough as the BayBears snapped their 4-game win streak with a 4-1 loss to Mobile on Saturday night.
• Brady (1×3, R, HR, RBI), 1B Patrick Kivlehan (1×3, BB), DH Dan Paolini (1×4) and LF Dario Pizzano (1×3) each recorded 1 of the Generals 4 hits.
Starter Matt Anderson (1.0,3,2,2,0,0) allowed 2 runs on 3 hits, but left after the first inning. LH Kyle Hunter (2.0,2,0,0,2,0), RH Matt Brazis (2.2,5,1,1,0,1), RH Stephen Shackleford (1.1,2,1,1,0,1,HR) and RH Richard Vargas (1.0,1,0,0,0,0) combined to allow 2 runs over 7.0 innings in relief.
GENERALS ADD OF JORDY LARA FROM HIGH DESERT:
• OF Julio Morban was promoted to AAA Tacoma Sunday and OF Jordy Lara was added from A+ High Desert. Lara leaves the California League where he ranks 1st in hits (141), 2nd in batting average (.353), 2nd in RBI’s (80), T-6th in doubles (26), T-3rd in home runs (22), T-3rd in runs scored (77) and 3rd in slugging percentage (.609).
EARLY RUN SCORING HAS BEEN KEY FOR GENERALS:
• The Generals have scored in the first inning of second innning in 15 of their last 20 games, including a season-high 7 runs in the second inning Friday In total this season, the Generals have scored 56 runs in the first and 65 runs in the second with 27% of total runs scored have occurred in those two frames.
LANDRY’S HITTING STREAK ENDS AT 16 GAMES:
• OF Leon Landry went 0-for-4 Saturday and saw his 16-game hit streak end. During the streak he batted .292 (21×72) with 14 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 home run, 5 RBI, 2 walks and 7 stolen bases.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Summer of Hitting – The Generals are leading the Southern League in batting since June 1st, batting .286 (467/1,634) with 30 home runs, 96 doubles and 23 triples in 48 games.
• Extra Extra Bases & Speed – The Generals currently rank 3rd in the league doubles (191) and 2nd in the league in triples (35). They also rank 2nd in the league with 98 stolen bases.
• 3B D.J. Peterson has reached base safely in 17of his last 18 games (hits in 14 G) with 8 multi-hit contests, batting .333 (23×69) with 14 runs scored, 4 doubles, 5 home runs, 8 walks and 1 stolen base. Peterson has recorded at least 1 hit in 21 of 26 games with Jackson, while reaching base safely via a walk or hit in 24 games. Overall with Jackson he is batting .297 (30×101) with 15 runs scored, 6 doubles, 5 home runs, 16 RBI, 10 walks and 1 stolen base. Peterson leads all Mariners farmhands with 23 home runs.
• INF Patrick Kivlehan currently has a 10-game hit streak, batting .400 (16×40) with 7 runs scored, 5 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 10 RBI and 4 walks. He also has hit safely in 15 of his last 16 games, batting .400 (24×60) with 13 runs scored, 6 doubles, 4 triples, 2 home runs, 15 RBI and 6 walks.
• Starter Victor Sanchez is 2-0 with a 1.86 ERA (6 ER, 29.0 IP) in 5 starts in July. Duing this stretch he has limited opponents to a .178 (18×101) average, while walking 8 and striking out 23.