Game #106: Jackson Generals 16-20 (47-58) at Mobile BayBears 22-13 (63-41)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | Hank Aaron Stadium | Mobile, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (5-2, 3.28) vs. RHP A.J. Schugel (4-1, 3.67)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• On Monday, the Generals play game 3 of a 5-game series at Mobile (0-2)…the Generals have won 3 of the last 4 series and won 4 of 5 in last series vs. Huntsville…this is Jackson’s 3rd trip to Mobile and are 3-9 at Mobile this season and 4-13 overall.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals trimmed a 3-0 deficit to 3-2 in the 6th, but got no closer on Sunday in a second straight loss at Mobile.
• Leon Landry (1×5, R) and Ketel Marte (1×3, RBI) added a double each, while Marte and Patrick Kivlehan (0x2, RBI) collected the teams only RBI’s.
• Starter Tyler Olson (5.1,7,3,0,1,5) allowed just 3 unearned runs and reliever Trevor Miller (2.2,1,0,0,0,2) tossed his second straight scoreless relief outing.
GENERALS ADD JORDY LARA FROM HIGH DESERT:
• OF Julio Morban was promoted to AAA Tacoma Sunday and OF Jordy Lara was added from A+ High Desert. Lara leaves the California League winning back-to-back Hitter of the Week awards and ranks 1st in hits (141), 2nd in batting average (.353), 2nd in RBI’s (80), T-6th in doubles (26), T-3rd in home runs (22), T-3rd in runs scored (77) and 3rd in slugging percentage (.609).
LINE THEM UP ON BASE WITH KIVLEHAN AT THE PLATE:
• INF Patrick Kivlehan is batting .391 (25×64) with runners in scoring position this season with 5 doubles, 2 triples, 2 home runs, 39 RBI and 14 walks, posting a .476 OBP. Kivlehan continues to hit on the road – He now has a 31-game road on-base streak which dates back to May 22 and is the longest by 10 games this season in the SL. During that time he is batting .345 (40×116) with 17 runs, 8 doubles, 3 triples, 4 home runs and 29 RBI during that time.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• The Mobile Mega Bowl – Jackson is 14-27 in games played at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile since 2011 and have dropped…the Generals have dropped 5 straight series and the last series win was May 25-29, 2011, taking 4 of 7 in a series that included 2 doubleheaders…this is the 3rd and final trip to Mobile this season for Jackson.
• Summer of Hitting – The Generals are leading the Southern League in batting since June 1st, batting .283 (472/1,667) with 30 home runs, 98 doubles and 23 triples in 50 games.
• Pizza Time – OF Dario Pizzano leads the club batting .339 (21×62) in the month of July with 12 runs, 5 doubles, 4 doubles, 2 home runs, 16 RBI’s and a .456 OBP.
• Miller Time – Since being moved to the bullpen on June 22, RHP Trevor Miller has a 2-1 record, with a 2.33 ERA in 10 games, striking out 28 and walking 10 in 27.0 innings.
• 3B D.J. Peterson has reached base safely in 17 of his last 18 games (hits in 14 G) with 8 multi-hit contests, batting .333 (23×69) with 14 runs scored, 4 doubles, 5 home runs, 8 walks and 1 stolen base. Peterson has recorded at least 1 hit in 21 of 26 games with Jackson, while reaching base safely via a walk or hit in 24 games. Overall with Jackson he is batting .297 (30×101) with 15 runs scored, 6 doubles, 5 home runs, 16 RBI, 10 walks and 1 stolen base.
• INF Patrick Kivlehan has has hit in 10 of his last 11 games, batting .381 (16×42) with 7 runs scored, 5 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 11 RBI and 4 walks. He also has hit safely in 15 of his last 17 games, batting .387 (24×62) with 13 runs scored, 6 doubles, 4 triples, 2 home runs, 16 RBI and 6 walks.
• Starter Victor Sanchez is 2-0 with a 1.86 ERA (6 ER, 29.0 IP) in 5 starts in July. Duing this stretch he has limited opponents to a .178 (18×101) average, while walking 8 and striking out 23.
NEW MLB.COM RANKINGS LIST FIVE GENERALS:
• MLB.com released a new top-20 ranking of Seattle prospects on July 27th and 5 Generals rank in the top-15 of that list. .
Pos Player Rank MLB Rank
INF D.J. Peterson 3rd 55th
INF/OF Patrick Kivlehan 9th
INF Ketel Marte 11th
RHP Victor Sanchez 14th
LHP Tyler Pike 15th