Game #130: Jackson Generals 27-33 (58-71) vs, Chattanooga Lookouts 28-31 (74-55)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Pike (3-3, 7.65) vs. RHP Andres Santiago (4-8, 5.02)
Promotions: Childhood Cancer Awareness Night w/ Ellie’s Hats & Vs. Cancer Foundation, Free Cash Friday, Flat Screen Friday
Radio: Web Only | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The begin their final homestand of the season, with game 1 of a 5-game series with the Chattanooga Lookouts. Jackson is 5.0 games back in the North standings with 10 to play..
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• DH Jordy Lara and C Carlton Tanabe each drove in a run in the 6th inning as Jackson defeated Huntsville 3-2 on Thursday night. • Lara (2×4, 2B, RBI) recorded the team’s only multi-hit hit game, while Tanabe (1×4, 2B, RBI) recorded the Generals only other run with a RBI double.
• Starter Victor Sanchez (7.2,4,2,2,1,3) recorded his 7th win of the season, allowing 2 runs on 4 hits over 7.2 innings. Sanchez held the Stars scoreless over the first 6.0 inning, before allowing a run in each the 7th and 8th innings. His 7.2 innings is the 4th-longest outing in his career.
• RH Trevor Miller (1.1,1,0,0,0,1) allowed only 1 hit in 1.1 scoreless innings to pick up his 4th save.
MORE ON SANCHEZ:
• Since July 1, RH Victor Sanchez is 4-1 with a 3.02 ERA (20 ER, 59.2 IP) in 10 starts. During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .234 (51×218) average, while walking 17 and striking out 43.
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that the Generals and Lookouts are meeting for the first time since April 23rd, but DID YOU KNOW? that only 12 of Jackson’s current 25-man roster were active the last time the two clubs met.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• “LOOKOUT” It has been a while – The Generals are facing the Chattanooga Lookouts for the first time since a series April 19-23 in Jackson. The Generals are 5-5 against Chattanooga and 2-3 in Jackson this season.
• The Generals are batting .225 with 42 runs scored, while the Lookouts are hitting .210 and have tallied 44 runs in the 10-game season series so far.
• Leading the SL in Homers Since July 1st – After hitting just 40 home runs over their first 81 games, Jackson has hit 45 home runs over their last 48 games since July 1st which leads the Southern League in that period of time. The Generals have hit 24 home runs in August and 9 in their last 5 games.
• The Generals are in the midst of playing 21 games in 21 days to close the season (5-6) including 5 more home games against Chattanooga (8/22-8/26) with a road trip to Montgomery to close season (8/28-9/1). 5 of the final 10 games are against North Division foes. Jackson is 34-32 against their remaining opponents.
• Olson finishing strong – Over his last 4 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 3-1 with a 1.09 ERA (3 ER, 24.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .223 (21×94) average, while walking 4 and striking out 20. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 5-2 with a 2.41 ERA (11 ER, 41.0 IP) over his last 7 starts.
• LH Kyle Hunter has not allowed a run over his last 19.2 innings (11G/1GS). During this stretch, since July 16, Hunter has limited opponents to a .191 (13×68) average, while walking 5 and striking 11.
• RH Trevor Miller has not allowed an earned run in his last 21.2 innings over 9 relief appearances. During this stretch, since July 24, he has limited opponents to a .192 (14×73) average, while walking 4 and striking out 18.
• INF Jordy Lara has hit safely in each of his last 5 games, batting .333 (7×21) with 2 runs scored, 2 doubles, 2 home runs and 6 RBI.
• OF Dario Pizzano has a hit in 6 of his last 7 games batting .333 (8×24), with 4 doubles, 1 home run and 5 RBI.
• OF Leon Landry has recorded a hit in 10 of his last 12 games, batting .319 (15×47) with 8 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 2 walks and 1 stolen base.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers that rank among the best in MiLB. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is T-1st in all of MiLB in hits with 168 this season.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J. Peterson 102 3rd 1st
Jordy Lara 99 4th 2nd
Patrick Kivlehan 98 T-4th 3rd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 28 T-10th 2nd
Jordy Lara 25 — 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 19 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .342 T-14th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .301 — 6th
D.J. Peterson .296 — 7th