Game #131: Jackson Generals 27-34 (58-71) vs, Chattanooga Lookouts 29-30 (55-74)
Time/Place: 6:05 pm CT | Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Cam Hobson (8-9, 3.93) vs. RHP Nick Struck (4-6, 5.46)
Promotions: SEC Night w/ Ticket Giveaways, Fireworks (96.5 ESPN), Poster Giveaway, Pregame Team Photo and Autograph Session, Mutual-Live Postgame Concert
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their final homestand of the season, with game 2 of a 5-game series with the Chattanooga Lookouts. Jackson is 5.0 games back in the North standings with 9 to play…Jackson closes the season with a 5-game road series at Montgomery (8/28-9/1)
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• RF Jordy Lara hit a 2-run home run with 1-out in the bottom of the 7th inning, but it wasn’t enough as Jackson fell to Chattanooga 7-3 on Friday night.
• Lara (1×4, R, HR, 2 RBI) hit his 4th home run with Jackson and 26th overall this season. LF Dario Pizzano (2×3, RBI, BB) recorded the Generals only multi-hit contest.
• Starter Tyler Pike (3.0,8,6,6,3,1) recorded his 4th loss with Jackson, allowing 6 runs on 8 hits over 3.0 innings. LH Kyle Hunter (2.2,3,1,1,0,1) allowed 1 run in the 4th inning, while RH Matt Brazis (1.1,0,0,0,0,3) and RH Mayckol Guaipe (2.0,1,0,0,0,3) combined to strikeout 6 batters over the final 3.1 scoreless
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that 2011 General Kyle Seager hit his team-leading 19th homer of the season Tuesday for the Mariners in Philly, but DID YOU KNOW? that Seager needs one more HR to become the first Mariners player since Raul Ibañez (2005-2008) to record 20+ HR in at least 3 consecutive seasons. He would also join Ken Griffey Jr. and Jim Presley as the only Mariners players with 20+ HR in 3 of first 4 MLB seasons.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• “LOOKOUT” It has been a while – The Generals are facing the Chattanooga Lookouts for the first time since a series April 19-23 in Jackson. The Generals are 5-6 against Chattanooga and 2-4 in Jackson this season.
• Familiar Names for Lookouts – Friday’s 1B Alex Liddi, once a top prospect for the Mariners played in 134 games for Jackson in 2010, batting .281 with 15 home runs, 37 doubles, 8 triples, and had a .353 on-base percentage. The now 26-year-old wa a 2010 SL All-Star.
• Chattanooga SS Corey Seager is the youngest brother of former General and current M’s All-Star 3B Kyle Seager. Corey was the Dodgers 1st round pick, 18th overall in 2012. He is rated by Baseball America as LA’s No.2 overall prospect. Kyle’s middle brother Justin currently plays for Seattle’s Low-A affiliate in Clinton.
• Leading the SL in Homers Since July 1st – After hitting just 40 home runs over their first 81 games, Jackson has hit 46 home runs over their last 49 games since July 1st which leads the SouthernLeague in that period of time. The Generals have hit 25 home runs in August and 10 in their last 6 games.
• Olson finishing strong – Over his last 4 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 3-1 with a 1.09 ERA (3 ER, 24.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .223 (21×94) average, while walking 4 and striking out 20. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 5-2 with a 2.41 ERA (11 ER, 41.0 IP) over his last 7 starts.
• RH Trevor Miller has not allowed an earned run in his last 21.2 innings over 9 relief appearances. During this stretch, since July 24, he has limited opponents to a .192 (14×73) average, while walking 4 and striking out 18.
• INF Jordy Lara has hit safely in each of his last 6 games, batting .320 (8×25) with 3 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 home runs and 8 RBI.
• OF Dario Pizzano has a hit in 7 of his last 8 games batting .370 (10×27), with 4 doubles, 1 home run and 6 RBI.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers that rank among the best in MiLB. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is 1st in all of MiLB in hits with 169 this season. Peterson and Lara are the first two Mariners farmhands to reach 100 RBI’s this season.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J. Peterson 102 3rd 1st
Jordy Lara 101 4th 2nd
Patrick Kivlehan 98 T-6th 3rd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 28 T-11th 2nd
Jordy Lara 26 — 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 19 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .341 T-14th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .299 — 6th
Tyler Marlette .296 — T-7th
D.J. Peterson .296 — T-7th