Game #133: Jackson Generals 28-35 (59-73) vs, Chattanooga Lookouts 30-31 (56-75)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (6-5, 4.13) vs. RHP Steve Smith (2-1, 3.34)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their final homestand of the season, with game 4 of a 5-game series with the Chattanooga Lookouts (1-2). Jackson is 4.0 games back in 5th place in the North standings with 7 to play…Jackson closes the season with a 5-game road series at Montgomery (8/28-9/1).
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored 3 runs in the 1st inning and went on to end a two-game slide Sunday afternoon in a 4-2 win over Chattanooga.
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan (1×4, HR, 2 RBI) blasted a 2-run home run in the first inning capping off a 3-run frame. The homer was his 11th for Jackson and 20th overall this season.
• DH Jordy Lara (2×4) and SS Tyler Smith (2×4, 2 R) recorded multi-hit efforts in the win while 1B D.J. Peterson (1×4), RF Jabari Blash (1×3, R), CF Kevin Rivers (1×2, RBI) collected hits on Sunday.
• Starter Tyler Olson (9-7, 3.73) become Jackson’s 9-game winner on the mound with 6.1 IP, 2 runs, 5 hits, 1 walk and 7 strikeouts in the win. RH Trevor Miller (1.2,2,0,0,0,1), LH Nick Hill (0.2,1,0,0,0,1) and RH Mayckol Guaipe (0.1,0,0,0,0,1) combined to shutout the Lookouts over the winal 2.2 innings. Guaipe earned his team-leading 11th save.
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that LHP Nick Hill was 1 out away from recording a save last night, but DID YOU KNOW? that had he of recorded the save it would of been his first since June 28, 2010 against Tennessee. It would of been just his 7th in 200 career games.
• HIGH-WATER MARK…the Mariners are 71-58 (.550) reaching the high-water mark for the season at 13 games over .500…have not been 13 or more games over .500 since finishing the 2007 season 88-74 (14 games over).
• The Mariners are curently 1 game ahead of Detroit for the second wild card spot and 6.0 games back of the LA Angels in the AL West.
• The M’s also just completed the first ever 3-game sweep of the Red Sox in Boston and are 6-3 in last 9 games…have won 10 of last 13 and are 16-6 over last 22 games.
• Former Jackson 2B Dustin Ackley has driven in 17 runs in his last 17 games (Aug. 6 – current), partially on the strength of 4 doubles, 1 triple, 3 home runs and a .508 slugger percentage…since July 1, Ack is hitting .317 (53-for-167) with 14 doubles, 1 triple, 5 home runs, 27 RBI and a .503 slugging percentage
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Tyler Olson remains hot on the mound – Over his last 5 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 4-1 with a 1.45 ERA (5 ER, 31.0 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .220 (26×118) average, while walking 5 and striking out 27. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 6-2 with a 2.48 ERA (13 ER, 47.1 IP) over his last 8 starts.
• “LOOKOUT” It has been a while – The Generals are facing the Chattanooga Lookouts for the first time since a series April 19-23 in Jackson. The Generals are 6-7 against Chattanooga and 3-5 in Jackson this season.
• Familiar Names for Lookouts – Sunday’s 1B Alex Liddi, once a top prospect for the Mariners played in 134 games for Jackson in 2010, batting .281 with 15 home runs, 37 doubles, 8 triples, and had a .353 on-base percentage. The now 26-year-old wa a 2010 SL All-Star.
• Chattanooga SS Corey Seager is the youngest brother of former General and current M’s All-Star 3B Kyle Seager. Corey was the Dodgers 1st round pick, 18th overall in 2012. He is rated by Baseball America as LA’s No.2 overall prospect. Kyle’s middle brother Justin currently plays for Seattle’s Low-A affiliate in Clinton.
• Leading the SL in Homers Since July 1st – After hitting just 40 home runs over their first 81 games, Jackson has hit 47 home runs over their last 51 games since July 1st which leads the SouthernLeague in that period of time. The Generals have hit league-leading 26 home runs in August and 11 in their last 8 games.
• RH Trevor Miller has not allowed an earned run in his last 23.1 innings over 10 relief appearances. During this stretch, since July 24, he has limited opponents to a .203 (16×79) average, while walking 4 and striking out 19.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers that rank among the best in MiLB. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is 2nd in all of MiLB in hits with 171 this season. Kivlehan, Peterson and Lara are the first Mariners farmhands to reach 100 RBI’s this season.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J. Peterson 102 3rd 1st
Patrick Kivlehan 101 T-4th 2nd
Jordy Lara 101 T-4th 3rd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 28 T-12th 2nd
Jordy Lara 26 — 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 20 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .340 T-15th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .298 — 6th
D.J. Peterson .296 — 7th