Game #137: Jackson Generals 29-38 (60-76) at Montgomery Biscuits 31-36 (66-71)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | Riverwalk Stadium | Montgomery, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (9-7, 3.73) vs. RHP Albert Suarez (3-5, 4.24)
Radio: Online Only | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their final road trip of the season tonight with game 3 of a 5-game series at Montgomery…Jackson dropped 3 of 5 from Chattanooga in previous series.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals allowed 7 runs in the first two innings Friday night and fell to Montgomery 7-1 in game two of the set.
• Starter Cam Hobson allowed 7 runs on 9 hits in the first 2.0 IP, but no runs on 3 hits over the next 5.0 innings. He logged 7.0 IP for only the second time in 2014, but suffered the loss. RH Matt Brazis logged a strikeout in a scoreless 8th inning.
• LF Dario Pizzano (2×4) had 2 of Jackson’s 5 hits and delivered an RBI single in the top of the 3rd for the Generals only run of the night.
TODAY’S STARTER, TYLER OLSON PITCHIING WELL:
• Over his last 5 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 4-1 with a 1.45 ERA (5 ER, 31.0 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .220 (26×118) average, while walking 5 and striking out 27. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 6-2 with a 2.48 ERA (13 ER, 47.1 IP) over his last 8 starts.
POSTSEASON ALL-STARS :
• The Southern League announced the 2014 Postseason All-Stars Friday and Ketel Marte was named to the squad at shortstop and Patrick Kivlehan as utility player. Kivlehan has appeared in games at 1B, 3B, LF, RF, CF and DH.
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that Patrick Kivlehan and Ketel Marte were named postseason Southern League All-Stars, but DID YOU KNOW? that last season the Generals had no representatives on the squad.
• Seattle has lost back-to-back games after 8-3 loss to Washington last night for the first time since 4-game streak July 22-25…Seattle won 19 of the next 29 games following the 4-game losing streak (July 26-Aug. 27).
• Seattle allowed 6 home runs, the 8th time in club history to allow 6+ home runs (last: June 20, 2012 at Arizona).
• Moises Hernandez’ younger brother Felix Hernandez allowed 5 earned runs for the first time since giving up 8 on Aug. 28, 2013 vs. Texas.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Bring on the Biscuits…again: The Generals make their second and final trip to Montgomery in 2014 and are 7-10 this season and 2-5 at Riverwalk Stadium. The Biscuits won 4 straight in Montgomery over Jackson including 3 walk-offs.
• Jackson is batting .256 against Montgomery this season and have been out-scored by the Biscuits 84-80 in the 17 games.
• Leading the SL in Homers Since July 1st – After hitting just 40 home runs over their first 81 games, Jackson has hit 47 home runs over their last 54 games since July 1st which leads the SouthernLeague in that period of time. The Generals have hit 26 home runs in August which is 2nd in the SL and 11 in their last 12 games.
• LH Kyle Hunter has allowed only 1 run over his last 25.1 innings (0.36 ERA). During this stretch, since July 16, Hunter has limited opponents to a .180 (16×89) average, while walking 6 and striking 13…After posting a 4.10 ERA in 16 1st half games, Hunter has a 2.60 ERA in 21 2nd half games.
THE 100 RBI CLUB:
• Of the 7 minor league players this season to record at least 100 RBI this, the Mariners currently have 3 players on the list. Seattle is the only franchise with at least 2 players with at least 100 RBI this season and have 4 players that rank in the top 11. INF D.J. Peterson currently ranks 3rd in the minor league with 104 RBI, while INF/OF Patrick Kivlehan and INF Jordy Lara are each T4th this season. Hi-A High Desert OF Jabari Henry is currently T11th in 2014 with 95 RBI.
SIX 2014 GENERALS HEADED TO THE AFL:
• The Mariners, affiliated in 2014 with the Surprise Saguaros are sending current General pitchers RH Matt Brazis and RH Stephen Landazuri along with position players D.J. Peterson and Patrick Kivlehan to the AFL.
• Current High Desert pitcher Matt Anderson and Tacoma catcher John Hicks will play for Surprise. Jackson trainer
• B.J. Downie will serve as athletic trainer for the Saguaros, who will partner with the the Red Sox, Reds, Padres and Rangers in 2014.