Game Central (Tuesday, August 27) vs. Chattanooga
Game #130: Jackson Generals (30-32, 59-70) vs. Chattanooga Lookouts (23-40, 58-75)
Streak: Won 2
Site: The Ballpark in Jackson – Jackson, Tenn
Time: 7:05 p.m. (CT)
Pitching Match-up: LHP Cam Hobson (0-1, 3.00) vs. LHP Rob Rasmussen (3-2, 2.48)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN, Pregame Show (6:50) TuneIn Radio, GAMEDAY AUDIO
Online TV: MiLB.tv
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
TODAY’S GAME: the Generals wrap up their final homestand of the season tonight with the rubber match of a 5-game series with the Chattanooga Lookouts (2-2)…this season Jackson is 10-9 against the Lookouts and 4-5 at The Ballpark in Jackson…the Generals will wrap up the season with a 5-game series at Huntsville starting on Thursday.
GENERALS RECAP: Jackson powered their way by the Chattanooga Lookouts, 7-3 Monday night thanks to 4 home runs and three of them coming from 1B Steven Prosica. It was the first 3-homer performance since Carlos Peguero had three home runs against Mobile on April 28, 2010. Jackson out-hit Chattanooga for the 4th straight night, 8-7 as DH Jabari Blash added a 3-run shot in the 8th. RH Trevor Miller (W, 3-1, 4.01) pitched through the 7th due in large part to only walking one Lookouts batter.
NEWS & NOTES: 47 of 128 games have been 1-run games (20-27) which is the T-1st in the Southern League…66 of 128 games have been decided by 2-or-fewer runs (25-41) and 17 have been extra-inning games (5-12)…In games decided by 3+ runs the Generals are 32-27.
• GENERALS WELL REPRESENTED IN AFL: There are 3 current Generals headed to play for the Peoria Javelinas in the prestegious Arizona Fall League. Infielder Chris Taylor and relievers Carson Smith and Dominic Leone will represent Jackson along with former Generals Danny Hultzen, Brandon Maurer, Stefen Romero and High Desert infielder Patrick Kivlehan. The squad will be managed by Jackson’s Jim Pankovits.
• BLASH NAMED SL HITTER OF THE WEEK: The Southern League announced Monday that Jabari Blash has been named the Southern League’s Hitter of the Week for August 19-25. During the week Blash batted .500 (12×24) with 2 2B, 2 HR, 6 RBIs, 4 R and 14 BB in 9 games. Blash also posted a .692 on-base percentage. Blash joins Brad Miller, Julio Morban and Ji-Man Choi as winners of the award this season. He has hit safely in each of his last 8 games, batting .417 (10×24) with 4 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 home run, 6 RBI and 13 walks.
• TAYLOR’S HOT AUGUST CONTINUES: INF Chris Taylor is batting .346 (36×104) with 20 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 7 RBI, 13 walks and 9 stolen bases in 27 games in August.
• JONES RETURNS FROM THE DL: James Jones suffered a strained left triceps muscle on August 1 vs. Huntsville. In 98 games this season, Jones is batting .276 (97×351) with 13 2B, 10 3B, 6 HR, 45 RBIs and 26 stolen bases. Jones leads the Southern League with 10 triples and is 1 shy of Jackson’s franchise record for triples in a single season. Chantz Mack was sent back to Short-A Everett on Monday.
• ROSTER SHAKE UP: During the last week the Generals have lost top offensive players Ji-Man Choi (promoted to AAA) and Julio Morban (broken right fibula) while losing top starter LHP Roenis Elias (Appendectomy). Morban and Choi had combined for 140 hits, 30 doubles, 8 triples, 16 home runs and 83 RBIs. Elias had a 3.18 ERA in 22 starts and was 3rd in the SL with 121 strikeouts.
• MOBILE MEGA BOWL BY THE NUMBERS: The Generals played 7 games in 4 days August 19-22 which included 53 innings at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile in 77 hours. The first 3 days included 44 innings in 53 hours, 2 extra inning games, 3 1-run games and 14 hours and 37 minutes of game duration. There were 1,442 pitches during those 3 days. The August 20 games were not considered a doubleheader because G1 was the completion of a suspended game from August 6th.
• CLOSING TIME: RH Carson Smith since June 21st has made 20 relief outings going 7-for-7 in save oppertunities with a 0.34 ERA in 26.2 innings, 13 hits, 1 earned run, 40 strikeouts and 10 walks. He has allowed just 1 extra-base hit during that span.
• THE RELIEVING MA-SCHEEN: RH Stephen Kohlscheen has allowed only 3 earned runs over his last 28.0 innings (0.96 ERA). During this 14-game stretch (since June 26), he is 5-0 while lowering his season ERA from 3.60 to 2.43.
• GRAND SALAMI TIME: Ramon Morla blasted Jackson’s 5th grand slam of the season in the 7th inning on August 14 vs. Montgomery. The Generals lead the Southern League in grand slams with 2 coming from Morla, 2 from Ji-Man Choi and 1 from Brad Miller.
• HIGH DESERT REUNION: The current Generals roster features 5 starters from A+ High Desert’s opening day starting lineup (SS Chris Taylor, 3B Ramon Morla, DH Dan Paolini, LF Jabari Blash, P Trevor Miller)
• TRIPLES ADDING UP: OF James Jones recorded his league-leading 10th triple on July 24th in Chattanooga. He is 1 triple away from tying the franchise record. Jones is tied with Richard Lewis (10, ‘04) and Chris Walker (10, ‘06). Dwaine Bacon (11, ‘04) and Bo Porter (11. ‘98) are leaders. As a team the Generals have 39 triples which is 2nd-most in the Southern League.
• WE GOTCHA!! Jackson catchers lead the SL catching 52.0% of base stealers (65 CS, 125 Att). The next closest is Pensacola which is throwing out 34.8% of base stealers.