Game Central (Saturday, April 19) vs. Chattanooga
Game #16: Jackson Generals (8-6) vs. Chattanooga Lookouts (5-10) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark in Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Moises Hernandez (0-0, 9.00) vs. RHP Carlos Frias (1-1, 2.89)
Promotions: Postgame Fireworks, Educators Appreciation Night (UM Lambuth), Halfway to Halloween, Beyond Blame Concert
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• Tonight the Generals open up a 5-game series with the Chattanooga Lookouts (LAD) at The Ballpark in Jackson.
• The Generals come into today’s series opener having won each of the first 3 series’ of 2014 and in 2nd place in the SL North behind Huntsville.
• RHP Moises Hernandez makes the spot start for Jackson against RHP Carlos Frias for Chattanooga.
• The Generals scored 5 runs in the top of the 9th as a Jackson came-from-behind to defeat Tennessee 5-2 on Friday.
• RF KevinRivers (1×4, R, 2B, 2 RBI) got the Generals on the scoreboard with a 2-run double scoring SS Ketel Marte (1×3, R, BB) and Jabari Blash (1×2, R, 2B, 2 BB).
• C John Hicks (1×4, R, 2B, RBI) recorded a RBI double and LF Leon Landry (1×4, 2 RBI) capped off the inning with a
2-run single scoring 1B Mickey Wiswall (2×4, R) and Hicks. • Starter Cam Hobson (5.2,3,2,2,2,2,HR,2HB) allowed 2 runs on 3 hits in 5.2 innings, but did not figure into the decision. RH Richard Vargas (1.1,0,0,0,0,1) tossed 1.1 scoreless innings in relief, while RH Mayckol Guaipe (2.0,3,0,0,0,4) recorded the win allowing only 3 hit and striking out 4 in 2.0 shutout innings.
THE COMEBACK KIDS:
• Of Jackson’s 9 wins, 4 have been come-from-behind victories, including 3 in the 9th this past week. (Down 4-0 Sunday to MIS, won 5-4, down 4-3 Monday and won 6-4 at TNS and down 2-0 Friday and won 5-2 at TNS)
SEEING A TREND:
• After the first 15 games of the 2014 regular season, Jackson has won each game 1,3 and 5 and lost each game 2 and 4 of their repective series’ with Chattanooga, Mississippi and now Tennessee.
• The 9-6 start and 3 straight series’ won is the 2nd best start after 15 games since 2006. In 2012 and 2006 the Generals started 10-5 and in 2012 went on to win the first 5 series’ of the season.
• INF Ketel Marte has hit safely in 12 of 14 games with an at-bat, batting .386 (22×57) with 10 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 RBI, 4 walks and 2 stolen bases.
• OF Jamal Austin has hit safely in 11 of the first 14 games he has appeared with 5 multi-hit games, batting .298 (17×57) with 5 runs scored, 4 doubles, 7 RBI, 2 walks and 2 stolen bases.
• OF Nate Melendres has hit safely in 6 of 10 games with an at-bat, batting .353 (12×34) with 7 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 2 RBI and 3 walks.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 9.1 innings to begin the season (5 G). He has limited opponents .222 (8×36) average, while walking 0 and striking out 9.
GENERALS RANKS IN THE SOUTHERN LEAGUE:
• Currently the Generals are 9-6 and are in 2nd place in the SL North standings, 1.0 game back of 1st place Huntsville.
• The Generals offense ranks 2nd in batting (.254), 1st in doubles (35), 2nd in OBP (.336),T-2nd in total bases (178), and 3rd in OPS (.700).
• Generals pitching ranks 1st in WHIP (1.04), 2nd in hits allowed (96), T-1st in shutouts with 2, 4th in ERA (3.07), 3rd in runs allowed (50) and posted 2nd-fewest walks (38).
HELLO AGAIN CHATTANOOGA:
• The Generals meet 15 times during the 2014 season and Jackson took 3 of 5 from Chattanooga in the first series of the season, outscoring the Lookouts 25-15
• The Generals hold a 40-31 record against the Lookouts since 2011.