Game Central (Monday, April 21) vs. Chattanooga
Game #18: Jackson Generals (9-8) vs. Chattanooga Lookouts (7-10) | 7:05 pm | The Ballpark in Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Trevor Miller (0-2, 7.30) vs. LHP Chris Reed (1-1, 1.02)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals look to avoid a series loss for the first time this season tonight in game 3 of the 5-game set with Chattanooga at The Ballpark at Jackson.
• RHP Trevor Miller makes his 4th start of the season tonight and 2nd at home. Miller is trying to stop a 2-game losing skid on the mound. Dodgers No.8 prospect according to Baseball America, LHP Chris Reed starts for Chattanooga tonight. The Generals scored 3 unearned runs against Reed on 4/5@CHA giving him a loss.
• The Generals (9-8) suffered their worst home defeat since May 11, 2010 on Sunday night as the Lookouts took a 2-0 series edge after a 12-0 victory.
• The Generals suffered back-to-back losses for the first time this season.
• Starter Jochi Ogando struggled in his Double-A debut allowing 6 hits and 6 runs (5 earned) in 3+ innings pitched.
• O’Koyea Dickson provided Chattanooga with 2 home runs and 6 RBI’s in Saturday’s victory. Dickson capped off the Lookouts’ 6-run fourth inning with a 3-run homer..
• The Generals recorded 2 extra-base hits in Saturday’s loss. RF Kevin Rivers (1×4) recorded a triple and C Mike Dowd (1×3) added a double. SS Ketel Marte (1×4) extended his hitting streak to 5 games.
• INF Ketel Marte has hit safely in 13 of 15 games with an at-bat, batting .375 (24×64) with 11 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 RBI, 6 walks and 2 stolen bases.
• OF Nate Melendres has hit safely in 7 of 11 games with an at-bat, batting .351 (13×37) with 7 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 2 RBI and 3 walks.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 9.1 innings to begin the season (5 G). He has limited opponents to a .222 (8×36) average, while walking 0 and striking out 9.
• After allowing a run in his first appearance of the season, RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed a run over 6.0 innings in relief (5 G), including only allowing 2 base hits over this stretch. Overall this season he is 1-0 with 1 save and a 1.23 ERA (1 ER, 7.1 IP) in 6 relief appearances. He has limited opponents to a .148 average (4×27),
while walking 1 and striking out 9.
BLASH PICKING UP WHERE HE LEFT OFF IN 2013:
• Generals OF Jabari Blash in 46 games since being promoted to Jackson in late 2013 is batting .294, with 12 home runs, 8 doubles, 34 RBIs and posted a 1.020 OPS for the Generals.
• This season Blash currently ranks T-2nd in extra-base hits (8), T-1st in runs scored (13), 1st in walks (15) and 5th in on-base percentage (.432) in the Southern League.
GENERALS RANKS IN THE SOUTHERN LEAGUE:
• Currently the Generals are 9-8 and are T-2nd place in the SL North standings, 2.0 games back of 1st place Huntsville.
• The Generals offense ranks 4th in batting (.248), 1st in doubles (36), 4th in OBP (.332), 5th in total bases (184), and 4th in OPS (.693).
• Generals pitching ranks 1st in WHIP (1.07), T-2nd in hits allowed (113), T-2nd in shutouts with 2, 5th in ERA (3.55).
HELLO AGAIN CHATTANOOGA:
• The Generals meet the Lookouts 15 times during the 2014 season and Chattanooga leads the season series so far 4-3.
• The Generals hold a 40-33 record against the Lookouts since 2011.