Game Central (Thursday, May 22) at Jacksonville
Game #46: Jackson Generals (18-27) at Jacksonville Suns (22-23) | 6:05 pm CT | Bragan Field
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Matt Anderson (0-2, 18.41) vs. LHP Chipper Smith (0-0, 3.18)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Interviews
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their longest road trip of the season with game 2 of a 5-game series at Jacksonville (0-1)…the Generals will then play 5 games at Mobile…have dropped 6 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals blew a 1-0 and 2-1 lead and fell 6-2 to the Jacksonville Suns in the first of the 5-game series at Bragan Field Wednesday.
• Jackson received another 2-hit performance from Leon Landry (2×4, RBI), a 3-hit night from Ketel Marte (3×5, 2 K), and a home run from Dan Paolini (1×4, R, RBI, BB, HR), but it was not enough to stop the Suns in Jacksonville.
• Starter Tyler Olson received the loss after 5.0 innings of work. He gave up 4 runs on 6 hits and struck out 6 Suns, but lost for the 2nd time this season.
MARTE SNAPS OUT OF MINI SLUMP:
• SS Ketel Marte broke out of an 0-for-17 mini-slump on Wednesday by going 3-for-5. It was the 5th time this season Marte has recorded 3-or-more hits in a game.
• Marte currently ranks 5th in the SL in batting (.307), 2nd in hits (51), T-2nd in doubles (12) and T-4th in stolen bases (14).
HICKS WITH A SL LEADING ON-BASE STREAK:
• C John Hicks has expanded his league-leading on-base streak to 19 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .300 (21×70), with 4 doubles, 1 triiple, 11 runs, 9 walks, 10 RBI and a .375 OBP. The streak is the 4th-longest this season in the SL. (John Andreoli TNS, 30, Kris Bryant TNS, 24, Trayce Thompson BIR, 20). Hicks also currently has an 9-game hit streak, batting .394 (13×33) with 9 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 6 RBI and 4 walks.
LANDRY RECORDS 4TH STRAIGHT MULTI-HIT GAME:
• OF Leon Landry has recorded multi-hit games in each of his last 4 games batting .667 (10×15) with 1 run scored, 5 doubles,1 triple and 4 RBI. Landry has risen his batting average from .155 to .220 during this stretch.
• Landry recorded his 9th career 4-hit game Monday and first since Aug. 10, 2012 vs. Bakersfield (w/High Desert).
DOWD PUTTING TOGETHER A SOLID MAY:
• C Mike Dowd has hit safely in 7 of his last 8 games and is batting .313 (10×32) with a double, triple, home run, 4 RBI, 3 walks and a .371 OBP during the month of May.
Jackson starter Trevor Miller has recorded a win in each of his last 3 appearances, going 3-0 with a 1.02 ERA (2 ER, 17.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .167 average (10×60), while walking 6 and striking out 12. Since April 21, Miller is 3-2 with a 2.34 ERA (9 ER, 34.2 IP) in 6 games (5 GS). During this stretch he has lowered his season ERA from 7.30 to 3.64.
LET THE SUNSHINE IN:
• The Generals and Suns meet 10 times during the 2014 season (0-1) and the clubs are seperated by 711 miles (farthest opponent for Generals).
• Last season the teams met just 8 times with 2 games being cancelled due to rain. Jackson went 3-5 against Jacksonviile last season including going 2-3 at Bragan Field.
• Only 7 of the Generals current roster have played at Bragan Field (Position players John Hicks, Jack Marder, Leon Landry and pitchers Moises Hernandez, Nick Hill, Kyle Hunter and Stephen Kohlscheen.