Game Central (Friday, June 13) vs. Jacksonville
Game #66/67: Jackson Generals (29-36) vs. Jacksonville Suns (34-32) | 5:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Game 1: RHP Matt Anderson (1-2, 5.83) vs. LHP Chipper Smith (2-1, 1.84)
Game 2: RHP Victor Sanchez (2-2, 4.82) vs. LHP Justin Nicolino (5-2, 3.29)
Promotions: Flat Screen Friday, Dollar hot dogs, popcorn & 12 oz drinks throughout both games
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue the final series of the first half with a doubleleader with game 2 and game 3 of a 5-game home series with the Jacksonville Suns (1-0)…won 7 of 10 to start month of June…have won 2 straight series over Huntsville (3-2) and at Birmingham (3-2)…3-3 vs. Suns this season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals and Suns were postponed on Thursday night due to rain.
DOUBLEHEADER GAMES BY THE NUMBERS:
• This will be both Jackson and Jacksonville’s 3rd doubleheader of the 2014 season and each have split the 2 respective twin bills.
• On May 29th the Generals split a DH with Mobile (1-2, 4-1) and split a DH with Tennessee on April 17th (4-0, 2-3).
• Last season the Generals led the league by playing 25 7-inning contests (11-14) while Jacksonville was 9-6 in 7-inning affairs.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• On Top of the League in June – The Generals are tied with Mobile for the league’s best record at 7-3 in June. The .331 batting average leads the league in June. This is after posting the first 20-loss month since June, 2007 by going 9-20 during the month of May.
• Need For Speed – After 8 stolen bases during the series at Birmingham, the Generals now lead the league with 65 steals as a team this season. OF Jamal Austin ranks 4th in SL with 19.
• INF OF Dan Paolini hit safely in 18 of his last 20 games, batting .338 (27×80) with 10 runs scored, 8 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 15 RBI and 8 walks.. Paolini has also hit safely in 8 straight home games batting .400 (12×30) with 3 doubles and 8 RBI.
• OF Jamal Austin currently has an 11-game hit steak, batting .400 (18×45) with 11 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 3 RBI and 5 stolen bases.Austin has also hit safely in 12 straight home games, batting .319 (15×47) with 12 runs scored and 1 triple. This is T-1st in the Southern League this season for longest home hit streak.
• INF Jack Marder has recorded 6 multi-hit efforts in his last 14 games, batting .358 (19×53) with 11 runs scored, 3 doubles, 2 triples, 1 home run, 7 RBI and 5 walks.
• C John Hicks is batting .341 (28×82) with 15 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 11 RBI, 5 walks and 4 stolen bases in 22 games. During this stretch, since May 6, he has raised his season average from .219 to .288. Hicks has also reached base in 13 straight home games and hit safely in 8 straight home games batting .414 (12×29) with 8 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple and 5 RBI.
• OF Kevin Rivers has reached base safely in 13 straight home games batting .283 (13×46) with 7 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 RBI and 9 walks.
KIVLEHAN PUSHES ON-BASE STREAK TO 20 GAMES:
• After going just 4-for-35 in his first 10 Jackson games from May 10-21, 3B Patrick Kivlehan has reached base safely in 20 straight games from May 22-June 9 going 26-for-71 (.366) with 9 runs, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 17 RBI, 12 walks and a .447 OBP. His batting average has risen from .114 to .283.
Longest On-Base Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1. John Andreoli TNS 30G 4/6-5/11
2. Kris Bryant TNS 24G 4/3-4/28
3. Nick Shaw HVL 22G 4/30-5/28
4. John Hicks JXN 21G 4/17-5/23
T-5 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 20G 5/22-current
T-5 Chris Curley BIR 20G 5/23-current
T-5 Rey Navarro PNS 20G 5/23-current
MARTE REMAINING AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 14 of his last 15 games, batting .313 (20×64) with 10 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 10 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen base. Marte currently ranks 8th in the league in batting (.299), T-3rd in hits (72), T-2nd in doubles (18), and 5th in stolen bases (16).
THE MAYOR RETURNS TO JACKSON:
• Jacksonville 1B Rich Poythress returns to Jackson this week as now a member of the Miami Marlins organization.
• Poythress played in 238 games for the Jackson franchise from 2009-2013 giving him the nickname “The Mayor” ala his twitter handle @TheMayorRP. He batted .276 (236×854) with 52 doubles, 20 home runs and 122 RBI.
• Poythress was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training and was signed by the Marlins a week later on April 10th.
THREE GENERALS HEADED TO SL ALL-STAR GAME:
• Jackson SS Ketel Marte and right-handed relievers Stephen Kohlscheen and Mayckol Guaipe has been named to the SL North All-Star squad. The game will be played on June 17 at AT&T Field in
Chattanooga. Marte, 20 is the youngest member of the All-Star team.