Game Central (Wednesday, June 25) vs. Tennessee
Game #76: Jackson Generals 2-4 (33-42) vs. Tennessee Smokies 4-2 (37-38)
Time/Place: 12:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Promotions: Super Splash Day
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (3-2, 3.77) vs. RHP Matt Loosen (3-2, 5.04)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• Tonight the Generals continue the 10-game homestand vs. Tennessee and Mobile. This will be game two of a five-game series against Tennessee. The Generals are 4-6 against the Smokies this including 1-4 at The Ballpark at Jackson…were 2-3 on recent road trip to Mississippi.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Jack Marder (3×3, R, 2B) recorded his third 3-hit game of the season Tuesday night, but Jackson fell in the opener of the series against Tennessee 6-2 in an 8 inning rain shortened game.
• There was 1:43 in delay and Tennessee scored 3 runs in the first two innings on Tuesday.
• CF Leon Landry (1×3, RBI, BB) drove in a run in the 3rd and SS Ketel Marte (1×4, RBI) in the 7th inning, but it wasn’t enough.
• Starter Tyler Olson (6.0,8,6,3,0,6) suffered his 2nd straight loss on the mound. RH David Colvin (1.1,0,0,0,0,2) worked the final 1.1 and 1 out in the 8th before rain stopped the game.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• On Top of the League in June – The Generals are currently leading the league in batting in June at .302 and are T-2nd in the league with an 11-9 record. This is after posting the first 20-loss month since June, 2007 by going 9-20 during the month of May.
• Bus lag strikes again – After Tuesday’s 6-2 loss the Generals are now 2-8 when coming off a bus ride.
• Home Sweet Home – OF Jamal Austin has a 15-game home hitting streak batting .339 with 14 runs, 2 doubles, 1 triple and 1 RBI. It’s tied for the longest home hitting streak in the league this season…C John Hicks has a 10-game home hitting streak batting .429 with 8 runs, 4 doubles, 1 triple and 6 RBI.
• SS Ketel Marte currently has an 11-game hit streak, batting .341 (14×41) with 7 runs scored, 8 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen bases. It his his 5th hitting streak this season of at least 7 games (last: 13 G, 5/25-6/7). He has also hit safely in 24 of his last 25 games, batting .324 (33×102) with 16 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 18 RBI, 2 walks and 4 stolen base.
• INF Jack Marder currently has a 7-game hit streak, batting .480 (12×25) with 4 runs scored, 1 double, 1 home run and 3 RBI. Since May 24, Marder has hit safely in 20 of 23 games with 10 multi-hit efforts, batting .381 (32×84) with 16 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 12 RBI and 5 walks.
• C John Hicks is batting .352 (31×88) with 16 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 12 RBI, 8 walks and 4 stolen bases in 23 games. During this stretch, since May 11, he has raised his season average from .224 to .293.
• Since May 22, RH Matt Anderson is 2-1 with a 2.43 ERA (9 ER, 33.1 IP) in his last 6 starts.
KIVLEHAN’S STREAKS COME TO AN END TUESDAY:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan was 0x4 on Tuesday and saw his 17-game hit streak come to an end, During the streak he batted .438 (28×64) with 13 runs scored, 9 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 20 RBI, 7 walks and 1 stolen base. It was the longest streak in the Southern League this season.
• His on-base streak ended at 29 games which dated back to May 22. During the streak he batted.381 (40×105) with 18 runs scored, 10 doubles, 2 triples, 4 home runs, 28 RBI, 14 walks, 3 stolen bases and a .446 OBP. the streak was first on the team moving past Jabari Blash (8/19/13-4/13/14) and trailed only John Andreoli-TNS (30, 4/6-5/11/14) in the Southern League.
Longest Hitting Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 17G 6/3-6/23
2 Jamal Austin JXN 15G 5/29-6/19
3 Chris Curley BIR 14G 5/28-6/11
T-4 Mike Freeman MOB 13G 4/21-5/5
T-4 Ketel Marte JXN 13G 5/25-6/7
Longest On-Base Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1. John Andreoli TNS 30G 4/6-5/11
2 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 29G 5/22-63
T-3 Tom Belza MOB 24G 5/26-6/23
T-3 Kris Bryant TNS 24G 4/3-4/28
4 Rey Navarro PNS 23G 5/23-current
PETERSON HAS EVENTFUL DAY ON TUESDAY:
• D.J. Peterson, the No. 2 prospect for the Mariners, according to Baseball America was promoted to Jackson on Tuesday. He was Seattle’s 12th overall selection in the 2013 draft out of New Mexico. He also was named to the U.S. team in the 2014 Futures Game at Target Field in Minnesota. Peterson’s connecting flight was delayed in Dallas on Tuesday night and is expected to arrive in Jackson today.