Game Central (Monday, July 20) vs. Huntsville
Game #99: Jackson Generals 12-17 (43-55) vs. Huntsville Stars 15-15 (61-49)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Matt Anderson (3-4, 5.16) vs. RHP Drew Gagnon (6-4, 3.21)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals begin a five-game series at The Ballpark in Jackson tonight against the Huntsville Stars…Jackson is 7-8 against Huntsivlle this season and 3-2 in Jackson…,will play the Stars 10 more times during the final 41 games of the regular season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals received the first home runs of the year from Leon Landry (2×5, 2 R, 2B, HR RBI) and Ketel Marte (2×4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB), but it was not enough as Montgomery walked-off for the second consecutive night with a 9-8 win on Sunday at Riverwalk Stadium.
• Jackson went ahead 8-7 with a 2-run homer from Marte in the eighth, but Montgomery plated 2 runs in the ninth against reliever Trevor Miller to walk-off with the win.
• Brock Hebert (2×4, 2 R), Pat Kivlehan (2×4, 2 RBI) and Landry had 2-hit nights for Jackson in the loss, while D.J. Peterson (1×4, 2 R, BB) and Julio Morban (1×5, RBI) factored in offensively.
• Miller (4-8, 4.93) suffered the loss for Jackson as Cory Burns (1-1, 3.72) picked up the win for the Biscuits. Jackson starter Tyler Pike allowed 6 runs in 3.2 innings, but did not factor into the
MULTI-HIT MARTE STAYING AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE:
• INF Ketel Marte recorded his 30th multi-hit game on Saturday and he currently ranks T-8th in the league in batting (.298), 1st in hits (112), 5th in triples (6), 5th in stolen bases (21).
• Marte has posted 5 hitting streaks this season of 7 or more,
LANDRY AND MARTE HIT FIRST HOMERS ON SUNDAY:
• OF Leon Landry ended a 466 at-bat homerless streak on Sunday with a solo shot in the 5th inning at Montgomery. Landry hit 6 homers in 2013 and the last came in Jackson vs. BIR on 7/3/13. His last homer on the road was on 5/25/13 at Montgomery.
• SS Ketel Marte ended a 430 at-bat homerless streak with a 2-run shot in the 8th inning on Sunday at Montgomery. Marte’s last homer was on 8/21/13 vs. Rancho Cucamonga. It was just Marte’s 4th home run of his career.
WHAT A JULY FOR THE PIZZA MAN:
• OF Dario Pizzano is batting .349 (15×43) this month with 10 runs, 3 doubles, 4 triples, 2 home runs, 13 RBI, 11 walks and posted a .482 on-base percentage. His July OPS is 1.226.
SANCHEZ CONTINUES TO PITCH WELL IN JULY:
• Reigning Southern League Pitcher of the Week Victor Sanchez is currently 2-0, with a 1.44 ERA in 4 July starts, allowing 4 earned runs in 25.0 IP. He has 19 strikeouts and 4 walks, while holding opponents to a .155 average. Overall this season Sanchez is 5-4, with a 3.62 in 15 starts.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• July by the numbers – After batting .294 as a team in June, the Generals are currently batting a league-best .281 in July. The 17 July home runs ranks 2nd in the league and 9 wins is T-4th.
• Extra Extra Bases – The Generals currently ranks 2nd in the league doubles (179) and 2nd in the league in triples (35). They also rank 2nd in the league with 94 stolen bases.
• Racking up At-Bats – SS Ketel Marte currently leads the SL in at-bats with 376, 7 more than Huntsville’s Nick Ramirez.
• Solid Relief – LH Cam Hobson has made 9 relief outings and has a 2.48 ERA (8ER/29.0IP) with 19 strikeouts and 9 walks
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 19 of his last 20 games, batting .308 (28×91) with 14 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run 6 RBI and 7 stolen bases. Since June 7, Landry has hit safely in 31 of his last 34 games with 16 multi-hit efforts, batting .340 (48×141) with 22 runs scored, 6 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 8RBI, 3 walks and 14 stolen bases. During this 30 game stretch he has raised his season average from .236 to .284.
• 3B D.J. Peterson has hit safely in 18 of 20 games with Jackson, batting .317 (26×82) with 12 runs scored, 4 doubles, 4 home runs, 8 RBI and 7 walks. Peterson cufrently leads all the Mariners Minors with 23 home runs this season.