Game Central (Tuesday, July 29) at Mobile
Game #107: Jackson Generals 17-20 (48-58) at Mobile BayBears 22-14 (64-41)
Time/Place: 5:05 pm CT | Hank Aaron Stadium | Mobile, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (5-4, 3.76) vs. RHP Bradin Hagens (8-5, 4.33)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• On Tuesday, the Generals play game 4 of a 5-game series at Mobile (1-2)…the Generals have won 3 of the last 4 series and won 4 of 5 in last series vs. Huntsville at home…this is Jackson’s 3rd trip to Mobile and are 4-9 at Mobile this season and 5-13 overall.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored 3 runs in the 4th inning, 4 runs in the 6th inning and 1 run in the 8th as Jackson defeated Mobile 8-4 on Monday night.
• C Steve Baron (3×4, R, RBI, BB) led the team with 3 hits, while 2B Brock Hebert (2×5, R, 2B, 3 RBI) drove in a team-high 3 runs. CF Leon Landry (2×5, 2 R, 3B, RBI, SB) and 3B Patrick Kivlehan (2×5) each recorded 2 of the Generals 12 hits. 1B Jordy Lara (0x2, R, 3 BB) scored 1 run and walked 3 times in his AA debut.
• Starter Stephen Landazuri (6.0,2,2,2,4,3) allowed 3 runs on 2 hits in 6.0 innings to earn his 6th win of the season. RH Richard Vargas (0.2,2,1,1,2,2), RH Stephen Shackleford (1.0,1,0,0,1,1) and RH Mayckol Guaipe (1.1,1,1,1,0,1) combined to allow 2 runs over the final 3.0 innings in relief. Guaipe recorded his 8th save of the season.
JULY IS NOW THE WINNINGEST MONTH OF 2014 SEASON:
• The Generals picked up their 14th win of July Monday night in Mobile. Jackson won 13 games in April and 12 games in June. This month Jackson is batting .275 (T-1st in SL) with 19 home runs and the pitching staff has a 3.82 ERA.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Relieving Guaipe – RHP Mayckol Gaipe picked up his team-leading 8th save Monday and has a 2.42 ERA in 29 games this season, with 42 strikeouts… ranks 3rd among SL relievers having just walked 8 batters in 44.2 IP…he also ranks 2nd in fewest baserunners/9IP ratio at 8.26 (41/44.2 IP)
• The Mobile Mega Bowl – Jackson is 15-27 in games played at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile since 2011…the Generals have dropped 5 straight series and the last series win was May 25-29, 2011, taking 4 of 7 in a series that included 2 doubleheaders…this is the 3rd and final trip to Mobile this season for Jackson.
• Summer of Hitting – The Generals are leading the Southern League in batting since June 1st, batting .284 (484/1,705) with 30 home runs, 100 doubles and 24 triples in 51 games.
• July Is Pizza Time – OF Dario Pizzano leads the club batting .333 (22×66) in the month of July with 12 runs, 5 doubles, 4 triples, 2 home runs, 17 RBI’s and a .452 OBP.
• Miller Time – Since being moved to the bullpen on June 22, RHP Trevor Miller has a 2-1 record, with a 2.33 ERA in 10 games, striking out 28 and walking 10 in 27.0 innings.
• INF Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, batting .384 (18×47) with 7 runs scored, 5 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 11 RBI and 4 walks. He also has hit safely in 16 of his last 18 games, batting .388 (26×67) with 13 runs scored, 6 doubles, 4 triples, 2 home runs, 16 RBI and 6 walks.
• Starter Victor Sanchez is 2-0 with a 1.86 ERA (6 ER, 29.0 IP) in 5 starts in July. Duing this stretch he has limited opponents to a .178 (18×101) average, while walking 8 and striking out 23.
LINE THEM UP ON BASE WITH KIVLEHAN AT THE PLATE:
• INF Patrick Kivlehan is batting .379 (25×66) with runners in scoring position this season with 5 doubles, 2 triples, 2 home runs, 39 RBI and 14 walks, posting a .476 OBP. Kivlehan continues to hit on the road – He now has a league-best 32-game road on-base streak which dates back to May 22 and is the longest by 10 games this season in the SL. During that time he is batting .347 (42×121) with 17 runs, 8 doubles, 3 triples, 4 home runs and 29 RBI during that time and a .410 OBP.
GENERALS ADD JORDY LARA FROM HIGH DESERT:
• OF Julio Morban was promoted to AAA Tacoma Sunday and OF Jordy Lara was added from A+ High Desert. Lara leaves the California League winning back-to-back Hitter of the Week awards and ranks 1st in hits (141), 2nd in batting average (.353), 2nd in RBI’s (80), T-6th in doubles (26), T-3rd in home runs (22), T-3rd in runs scored (77) and 3rd in slugging percentage (.609).