Game Central (Sunday, August 24) vs. Chattanooga
Game #132: Jackson Generals 27-35 (58-72) vs, Chattanooga Lookouts 30-30 (56-74)
Time/Place: 2:05 pm CT | Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (8-7, 3.78) vs. RHP Matt Shelton (4-3, 4.06)
Promotions: Family Fun Day, Season Ticket Holder Picnic and Batting Practice
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their final homestand of the season, with game 3 of a 5-game series with the Chattanooga Lookouts (0-2). Jackson is 5.0 games back in the North standings with 8 to play…Jackson closes the season with a 5-game road series at Montgomery (8/28-9/1)
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored a run in the bottom of the 4th inning and rallied for 1 in each the final 3 innings, but Jackson fell to Chattanooga 15-4 on Saturday night.
• 1B Dan Paolini (2×3, 2 R, 2B, BB) led the team with 2 hits, while LF Leon Landry (1×5), 2B Patrick Brady (1×5, R), 3B D.J. Peterson (1×2, R, 2 BB), CF Patrick Kivlehan (1×4, RBI), C Tyler Marlette (1×4, 2B) and SS Brock Hebert (1×4, 2 RBI) each recorded 1 of the Generals 8 hits.
• Starter Cam Hobson (5.1,13,10,9,0,3,HR) recorded his 10th loss of the season, allowing 10 runs (9 R) on 13 hits in 5.1 innings. RH Moises Hernandez (1.0,7,5,5,3,3,HR) allowed 5 runs in the 6th inning, while RH Stephen Shackleford (0.2,0,0,0,0,1) and position player RH Kevin Rivers (2.0,3,0,0,0,2) combined to hold the Lookouts scoreless over the final 2.2 innings in relief.
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that Jackson’s parent club, the Seattle Mariners are 70-58 this season, but DID YOU KNOW? that with a win today in Boston, the Mariners would match their season total of 71 wins last season with 33 games still to play after today.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• A rare day game – The Generals are playing a game at 2:05 for the first time since June 15th, a 2:05 game with Jacksonville in Jackson. Today’s heat index at first pitch will be 107.
• “LOOKOUT” It has been a while – The Generals are facing the Chattanooga Lookouts for the first time since a series April 19-23 in Jackson. The Generals are 5-7 against Chattanooga and 2-5 in Jackson this season.
• Familiar Names for Lookouts – Saturday’s 1B Alex Liddi, once a top prospect for the Mariners played in 134 games for Jackson in 2010, batting .281 with 15 home runs, 37 doubles, 8 triples, and had a .353 on-base percentage. The now 26-year-old wa a 2010 SL All-Star.
• Chattanooga SS Corey Seager is the youngest brother of former General and current M’s All-Star 3B Kyle Seager. Corey was the Dodgers 1st round pick, 18th overall in 2012. He is rated by Baseball America as LA’s No.2 overall prospect. Kyle’s middle brother Justin currently plays for Seattle’s Low-A affiliate in Clinton.
• Leading the SL in Homers Since July 1st – After hitting just 40 home runs over their first 81 games, Jackson has hit 46 home runs over their last 50 games since July 1st which leads the SouthernLeague in that period of time. The Generals have hit 25 home runs in August and 10 in their last 7 games.
• Today’s starter Olson finishing strong – Over his last 4 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 3-1 with a 1.09 ERA (3 ER, 24.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .223 (21×94) average, while walking 4 and striking out 20. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 5-2 with a 2.41 ERA (11 ER, 41.0 IP) over his last 7 starts.
• RH Trevor Miller has not allowed an earned run in his last 21.2 innings over 9 relief appearances. During this stretch, since July 24, he has limited opponents to a .192 (14×73) average, while walking 4 and striking out 18.
• INF Dan Paolini has hit in 4 straight games with 2 multi-hit efforts. He’s batting .538 (7×13) with 3 doubles, 3 runs, 1 RBI and 3 walks.
GENERALS IN SEATTLE:
• The current active Mariners roster features 13 former Generals. 3B Kyle Seager was named an American League All-Star.
•,Roenis Elias, Tom Wilhelmsen, Dominic Leone and Yoervis Medina, Erasmo Ramirez and Taijuan Walker are members of the M’s pitching staff.
• Dustin Ackley, Michael Saunders,, Kyle Seager, Brad Miller, Jesus Sucre, Mike Zunino and Chris Taylor are position players.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers that rank among the best in MiLB. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is T-1st in all of MiLB in hits with 169 this season. Peterson and Lara are the first two Mariners farmhands to reach 100 RBI’s this season.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J. Peterson 102 3rd 1st
Jordy Lara 101 4th 2nd
Patrick Kivlehan 99 5th 3rd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 28 T-11th 2nd
Jordy Lara 26 — 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 19 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .339 T-15th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .299 — 6th
D.J. Peterson .296 — 7th
D.J. Peterson .296 — T-7th