Game #22: Jackson Generals (11-10) at Mobile BayBears (12-9) | 7:05 pm | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Jochi Ogando (0-1, 18.00) vs. RHP Chase Anderson (1-0, 3.86)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
TV: MiLB.TV Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their 5-game road series at Mobile today (0-1) with game 2 of the set.
• Jackson is coming off a homestand in which they went 2-3 against Chattanooga.
• RHP Jochi Ogando makes his 2nd Jackson start tonight against RHP Chase Anderson for Mobile. Anderson was 2-0, with a 2.57 ERA in 2 starts against Jackson in 2012…He spent last season with Triple-A Reno.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN in West Tennessee, jacksongeneralsbaseball.com and TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals held a 3-2 lead heading into the bottom of the 6th inning, but allowed 1 run in the 6th and 5 runs in the 8th inning as Jackson lost to Mobile 8-3 on Thursday night.
• 2B Patrick Brady (2×3, 2B, SB) led the team with 2 hits, while CF Jamal Austin (1×4, R, HR, RBI), RF Jabari Blash (1×4, 2B), DH Dan Paolini (1×2, R, 2 BB, SB), 1B Mickey Wiswall (1×4, R, HR, RBI), 3B Jack Marder (1×4), C Mike Dowd (1×4, RBI) and LF Leon Landry (1×4) each recorded 1 of the Generals 9 hits.
• Starter James Gillheeney (5.0,8,3,2,0,2) allowed 3 runs (2 ER) on 8 hits in 5.0 innings, but did not figure into the decision. RH Moises Hernandez (2.1,6,5,5,1,3) recorded his 2nd loss of the season, allowing 5 runs in the 8th inning. RH Mayckol Guaipe (0.2,0,0,0,0,0) allowed 1 of the 3 inherited runners to score before recording the final 2 outs in the game.
FIRST TIME…IN A LONG TIME:
• CF Jamal Austin homered for the first time in 183 games Thursday night in the 5th inning at Mobile…the solo shot was his first since July 1, 2012 while with A- Clinton at Burlington.
• 1B Mickey Wiswall homered in the 6th inning on Thursday and it was his first long ball since September 2, 2012 with A+ High Desert.vs. Lancaster…Wiswall missed all of the 2013 season with a hamstring injury.
• INF Ketel Marte has hit safely in 16 of 20 games with an at-bat, batting .346 (28×78) with 13 runs scored, 6 doubles, 2 RBI, 9 walks and 3 stolen bases.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 13.0 innings to begin the season (7 G). He has limited opponents .191 (9×47) average, while walking 0 and striking out 13. After allowing a run in his first appearance of the season,
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed a run over 9.0 innings in relief (6 G), including only allowing 5 base hits over this stretch. Overall this season he is 1-0 with 1 save and a 0.87ERA (1 ER, 10.1 IP) in 7 relief appearances. He has limited opponents to a .189 average (7×37), while walking 1 and striking out 14.
#BLASH BLASTS CONTINUE IN 2014:
• Generals OF Jabari Blash in has played in all 21 games this season and ranks 3rd in the league with 17 RBI, 5th in OBP (.447), T-2nd in extra base hits (10), 1st in runs scored (17), and 1st in walks (22).
HOME AWAY FROM HOME – HANK AARON STADIUM:
• The Generals and BayBears meet 20 times during the 2014 season, despite not being in the same division.
• This is the first of 3 trips and 15 games in total to be played in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium.
• Last season were 6-9 against Mobile which included a 7-game series in 4 days last August (2-5).