Game Central (Saturday, April 26) at Mobile
Game #23: Jackson Generals (11-11) at Mobile BayBears (13-9) | 6:05 pm | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Trevor Miller (0-2, 5.40) vs. LHP Andrew Chafin (1-0, 0.76)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
TV: MiLB.TV Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals look to stop a 2-game losing skid in game 3 of the 5-game series at Mobile (0-2).
• RHP Trevor Miller makes his team-leading 5th start against Mobile LHP Andrew Chafin.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals were limited to 7 hits as Jackson was shutout by Mobile 3-0 on Friday night.
• 2B Jack Marder (2×3) led the team with 2 hits, while CF Jamal Austin (1×4, 2B), LF Leon Landry (1×4), RF Kevin Rivers (1×3, BB) and C John Hicks (1×4) each recorded 1
of the Generals 7 hits.
• Starter Jochi Ogando (3.1,4,3,3,4,3) recorded his 2nd loss, allowing 3 runs on 4 hits in 3.1 innings. LH Kyle Hunter
(2.2,2,0,0,0,1) and RH Stephen Shackleford (2.0,1,0,0,0,1) combined to hold the BayBears scoreless over the final 4.2 innings in relief.
• INF Dan Paolini has reached base safely in 11 straight games and is batting .286 (10×35) with 4 doubles, 1 home run, 4 runs, 7 walks, and a .405 on-base percentage.
GILLHEENEY FROM DIAMOND JAXX…TO GENERAL:
• Generals’ LHP James Gillheeney made his Double-A debut in 2010 as a member of the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx…Gillheeney is the only member of the current roster that has been a Diamond Jaxx and a General…He has made 37 career Jackson starts.
• 2013 General Roenis Elias allowed only 2 runs on 6 hits in 5.2 Friday vs. Texas, but did not figure into the decision…walked 3 and struck out a career-high 6 batters (previous high: 5, 2x: last 4/19 at MIA).
• Elias has allowed 2 earned runs or less in 4 of his first 5 career starts…is the 5th pitcher in franchise history to allow 2 earned runs or less in at least 4 of 5 career starts, joining Rich DeLucia (5, 1990), Bob Stoddard (4, 1981), Felix Hernandez (4, 2005) and Michael Pineda (4, 2011).
• Elias has received 2 runs or less of support in 4 of his 5 starts, including 0 runs in 2 starts.
FIRST TIME…IN A LONG TIME:
• CF Jamal Austin homered for the first time in 183 games Thursday night in the 5th inning at Mobile…the solo shot was his first since July 1, 2012 while with A- Clinton at Burlington.
• 1B Mickey Wiswall homered in the 6th inning on Thursday and it was his first long ball since September 2, 2012 with A+ High Desert.vs. Lancaster…Wiswall missed all of the 2013 season with a hamstring injury.
• INF Ketel Marte has hit safely in 16 of 20 games with an at-bat, batting .346 (28×78) with 13 runs scored, 6 doubles, 2 RBI, 9 walks and 3 stolen bases.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 13.0 innings to begin the season (7 G). He has limited opponents .191 (9×47) average, while walking 0 and striking out 13. After allowing a run in his first appearance of the season,
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed a run over 9.0 innings in relief (6 G), including only allowing 5 base hits over this stretch. Overall this season he is 1-0 with 1 save and a 0.87ERA (1 ER, 10.1 IP) in 7 relief appearances. He has limited opponents to a .189 average (7×37), while walking 1 and striking out 14.
HOME AWAY FROM HOME – HANK AARON STADIUM:
• The Generals and BayBears meet 20 times during the 2014 season, despite not being in the same division.
• This is the first of 3 trips and 15 games in total to be played in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium.
• Last season were 6-9 against Mobile which included a 7-game series in 4 days last August (2-5).