Game Central (Sunday, April 27) at Mobile
Game #23: Jackson Generals (11-12) at Mobile BayBears (14-9) | 2:05 pm | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (3-1, 1.96) vs. RHP Michael Lee (1-2, 5.82)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals look to stop a 3-game losing streak today with game 4 of the 5-game series at Mobile…the Generals are now 6-7 on the road and have lost 7 of their last 10 games.
• RHP Stephen Landazuri makes his 5th start for Jackson looking for his 4th straight win and he ranks 2nd in the league with 30 strikeouts. RHP Michael Lee starts for Mobile .
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals looked to bounce back from an 0-2 start in their series with the BayBears Saturday, however, the Generals fell 6-2 and hold an under.500 record for the first time this season.
• Starter Trevor Miller (0-3) went 5 innings and allowed 3 runs on 2 hits, while recording 4 strikeouts. After exiting the game with a 3-2 deficit, Miller was saddled with his third loss of the season as the Jackson bullpen allowed three runs off of 2 home runs.
• The Generals jumped out to a 1-0 first-inning lead following a solo home run by Jabari Blash (2-4, HR, RBI, R). Blash (5) currently is tied for the Southern League lead in home runs.
• Jackson was out-scored 6-1 over the next 8 innings and lost its 3rd straight.
WON’T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT:
• Generals batters have struck out the fewest amount of times in the Southern League so far in 2014 (153).
• OF Jamal Austin leads the league in total plate appearances per strikeout (16.00), with INF Jack Marder (13.4) ranking 2nd and OF Leon Landry (11.2) ranking 3rd in the league.
#BLASH BLASTS CONTINUE IN 2014:
• Generals OF Jabari Blash in has played in all 23 games this season and ranks T-1st in the league with 5 home runs, 3rd with 18 RBI, 6th in OBP (.431), T-2nd in extra base hits (11), 1st in runs scored (18), and 1st in walks (22).
• 2012 General Stefen Romero had a pinch-hit single in the 7th inning last night in Seattle’s 6-3 loss to Texas
• Over his last 6 games is hitting .462 (6×13) with 2 doubles…began the season hitting .133 (2×15) with 1 double in his first 6 games.
• OF Kevin Rivers has reached base safely in 9 straight games and currently is on a 6-game hitting streak. During the 9 games he is batting .300 (9×30), with 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 5 walks.
• OF Jamal Austin is on a 6-game hitting streak batting .240 (6×25) with 4 runs, 2 doubles, 1 home run and 2 RBI.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 13.0 innings to begin the season (7 G). He has limited opponents .191 (9×47) average, while walking 0 and striking out 13. After allowing a run in his first appearance of the season.