Game #25: Jackson Generals (11-13) at Mobile BayBears (15-9) | 11:35 am | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Cam Hobson (2-1, 3.97) vs. RHP Bryan Woodall (0-1, 2.08)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals try to avoid a 5-game sweep in game 5 of the series at Mobile (0-4). The last 5-game sweep was at Mobile, August 20-22 last season which included 2 doubleheaders.
• This is the 3rd start before noon this season (1-1).
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals dropped their 4th straight game Sunday afternoon at Mobile, 8-1.
• The BayBears scored 2 runs in the 1st, 3 runs in the 2nd and 3 runs in the 4th to coast to their 4th straight win.
• The Generals scored their run in the 7th as DH Jabari Blash (1-4, RBI) singled on a pop up to second base, scoring 2B Jack Marder (3-3, R). who was the only Jackson hitter to tally multiple hits
• Starter Stephen Landazuri was scratched during warmups with tightness in his left side/oblique. LH Jordan Shipers (0-2) went 3 innings and allowed 6 hits and 5 runs. RH Stephen Shackleford tossed 0.2 innings and allowed 3 runs and 2 walks. RH Richard Vargas and RH Mayckol Guaipe combined for 4.1 scoreless innings of relief.
HOW MANY STARTERS SO FAR!?!?:
• After yesterday’s spot start by LH Jordan Shipers, the Generals have used 11 starters in the first 24 games of the season. Trevor Miller, Stephen Landazuri, Victor Sanchez, Jordan Pries, Cam Hobson, Taijuan Walker, Kyle Hunter, Moises Hernandez, Jochi Ogando, James Gillheeney, and Shipers.
WON’T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT:
• Generals batters have struck out the fewest amount of times in the Southern League so far in 2014 (155, 6.5 SO/G).
• OF Jamal Austin leads the league in total plate appearances per strikeout (1/16.67), with INF Jack Marder (1/14.0) ranking 2nd and OF Leon Landry (1/11.67) ranking 3rd in the league.
#BLASHBLASTS CONTINUE IN 2014:
• Generals OF Jabari Blash in has played in all 24 games this season and ranks T-1st in the league with 5 home runs, 3rd with 19 RBI, 6th in OBP (.431), T-2nd in extra base hits (11), 1st in runs scored (18), and 1st in walks (22).
• OF Kevin Rivers has reached base safely in 10 straight gamesDuring the 9 games he is batting .273 (9×33), with 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 6 walks.
• OF Jamal Austin is on a 7-game hitting streak batting .241 (7×29) with 4 runs, 2 doubles, 1 home run and 2 RBI.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 15.0 innings to begin the season (8 G). He has limited opponents .196 (11×56) average, while walking 1 and striking out 15.