Game Central (Wednesday, April 30) vs. Pensacola
Game #26: Jackson Generals (11-13) vs. Pensacola Blue Wahoos (10-15) | 7:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: LHP James Gillheeney (0-0, 3.60) vs. RHP Daniel Corcino (1-1, 3.75)
Promotions: Faith Night w/ special guest Inky Johnson
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals open a 5-game homestand tonight against Pensacola, with game 1 of the series…the Generals went 1-4 on the last road trip to Mobile…this is the 1st of 10 meetings this season with the Wahoos and their only visit to Jackson.
• Faith Night: Tonight is Faith, with special guest former UT football player Inky Johnson. His speech begins at 6 p.m. in the Picnic Pavillion.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Starter Cam Hobson held the BayBears scoreless over 6.0 innings to lead Jackson to a 4-2 win over Mobile on Monday afternoon in Mobile.
• Hobson (6.0,5,0,0,0,2) earned his 3rd win of the season, allowing only 5 hits and striking out 2 over 6.0 shutout innings.
• LH Kyle Hunter (2.0,3,1,1,0,1,HR) allowed a solo home run 7th innings, while RH Stephen Kohlscheen (1.0,3,1,1,0,1,HR) earned his 2nd save of the season, despite allowing a solo home run in the bottom of the 9th inning.
• 2B Patrick Brady (2×4) led the team with 2 hits, while SS Ketel Marte (1×4, R, BB), RF Jabari Blash (1×3, R, RBI), 1B Daniel Paolini (1×3, R, 2B, BB) and C John Hicks (1×3, RBI, BB) each recorded 1 of the team’s 6 hits.
HOW MANY STARTERS SO FAR!?!?:
• After yesterday’s spot start by LH Jordan Shipers, the Generals have used 11 starters in the first 25 games of the season. Trevor Miller, Stephen Landazuri, Victor Sanchez, Jordan Pries, Cam Hobson, Taijuan Walker, Kyle Hunter, Moises Hernandez, Jochi Ogando, James Gillheeney, and Shipers.
WON’T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT:
• Generals batters have struck out the fewest amount of times in the Southern League so far in 2014 (155, 6.5 SO/G).
• OF Jamal Austin leads the league in total plate appearances per strikeout (1/14.86), with OF Leon Landry (1/12.33) ranking 2nd in the league.
SERIES OF ROSTER MOVES MADE WEDNESDAY:
• The Generals made four roster moves prior to the opener against Pensacola on Wednesday. RHP David Colvin was placed on the DL, OF Nate Melendres was activated from the DL. OF Jabari Blash was promoted to AAA Tacoma. C Manny Pina was activated from AAA Tacoma.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 15.0 innings to begin the season (8 G). He has limited opponents .196 (11×56) average, while walking 1 and striking out 15.
HOSTING THE WAHOOS:
• The Generals host the Pensacola Blue Wahoos for the only time this season, April 30-May 4 at The Ballpark at Jackson.
• The lone trip to Pensacola for Jackson will be August 6-10 at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium.
• The Generals were 6-4 last season against the Wahoos and since coming into the league in 2012 Jackson is 14-11 against the Cincinnati Reds’ Double-A affiliate.
• The Wahoos roster features 4 of the Reds top 10 prospects according to Baseball America. No. 1 RHP Robert Stephenson, No. 5 OF Yorman Rodriguez (DL), No. 6 RHP Michael Lorensen, No. 7 Carlos Contreras and No. 13 RHP Daniel Corcino.