Game Central (Friday, May 9) at Huntsville
Game #35: Jackson Generals (15-19) at Huntsville Stars (22-12) | 6:30 pm | Joe Davis Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (0-1, 13.50) vs. RHP Jacob Barnes (0-0,. 5.00)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
Upcoming Probable Starting Pitchers:
|Saturday||5/10||6:05 pm||TNS||LHP Kyle Hunter (0-1, 2.93)||RHP Ivan Pineyro (0-2, 2.32)|
|Sunday||5/11||6:05 pm||TNS||TBA||RHP Matt Loosen (2-2, 3.90)|
|Monday||5/12||7:05 pm||TNS||TBA||RHP Dae-Eun Rhee (2-1, 3.25)|
|Tuesday||5/13||7:05 pm||TNS||RHP Trevor Miller (1-4, 4.58)||RHP Pierce Johnson (1-1, 4.05)|
|Wednesday||5/14||11:05 am||TNS||LHP Cam Hobson (3-2, 2.16)||RHP Corey Black (Tonight)|
• The Generals and Stars wrap up their 5-game series tonight in Huntsville with Huntsville leading the series 3-1…the Generals have dropped 4 straight series after winning their first 3 and are 4-6 in the last 10 games.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• SS Patrick Brady hit his first home run of the season and drove in all 3 of the Generals runs, but it wasn’t enough as Jackson lost to Huntsville 7-3 on Thursday night.
• Brady (2×4, R, HR, 3 RBI) led the team with 2 hits, while CF Jamal Austin (1×5, 2 SB), LF Leon Landry (1×4), 3B Ramon Morla (1×3), C John Hicks (1×4) and 2B Jack Marder (1×3, 2 R, BB) each recorded 1 of the team’s 7 hits.
• Starter Cam Hobson (6.0,9,4,0,4,2) recorded the loss, after allowing 4 runs (0 ER) on 9 hits in 6.0 innings. LH Jordan Shipers (1.0,2,2,2,2,0) and RH Andrew Kittredge (1.0,1,1,1,1,0) combined to allowed 3 runs over the final 2.0 innings.
A LACK OF EARNED RUNS IN HUNTSVILLE:
• The pitching staff has surrendered 16 runs in 4 games during the current series, but only 6 have been earned runs leading to a 1.64 ERA. Jackson’s 4 errors in the series have led to 10 unearned runs.
LANDRY RECORDS THREE HITS ON WEDNESDAY:
• OF Leon Landry was 3×4, with 2 runs Wednesday logging his 2nd multi-hit game of the season and first 3-hit game since 6/15/13 at Birmingham…It was his first time scoring 2 runs since 8/8/13 at Mississippi.
HOBSON KEEPS SEEING HIS ERA DROP:
• The reigning SL Pitcher of the Week, Cam Hobson has not allowed an earned run over his last 3 starts (4/28@MOB, 5/3 vs. PNS and 5/8@HVL). Despite no earned runs (4 total runs), Hobson is 1-0 and the Generals are 1-2 in those games. He has a 2.16 ERA, which ranks 9th in the SL.
THE “KETEL” STAYING HOT – HIT STREAK AT 9:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in each of his last 9 games, batting .306 (11×36) with 4 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 RBI, 2 walks and 5 stolen baes. This is his 3rd hitting streak of 7 or more this season…After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stole 8 bases in his last 14 games.
AROUND THE MARINERS MINORS YESTERDAY:
• AAA: at Reno 15, Tacoma 11 17-14, 1st, +2.0 L-Hill (0-2)
The Rainiers and Aces both scored runs in each of the first 5.0 inning, but Reno tacked on runs in the 6th and 7th inning and went on to defeat Tacoma 15-11 on Thursday night.
• A+: High Desert 12, at Rancho Cucamonga 4 20-15, T2nd, -1.0 W-Zokan (1-0) The Mavericks took advantage of 11 walks and recorded 9 hits, including 3 home runs as High Desert defeated Rancho Cucamonga 12-4 on Thursday night. 3B D.J. Peterson (3×5, 2 R, 2 2B, 3 RBI, BB) lead that team in both hits and RBI,
• A-: at Clinton 4, Peoria 0 17-15, 4th, -6.0 W-Huijer (2-1) Starter Lars Huijer and reliever Thyago Vieira combined on a 4-hit shutout as Clinton defeated Peoria 4-0 on Thursday night.
ROCKET CITY REUNION:
• The Generals play the 5th of 25 meetings with the Huntsville Stars tonight in game 5 of the series. The clubs will meet 15 times in Huntsville and 10 times in Jackson during the 2014 season. This is the final season of baseball at Joe Davis Stadium, which dates back to 1985. The club will move to a brand new facility in Biloxi, MS next season.
• Last season Jackson was 9-9 against the Stars and 6-6 at Joe Davis Stadium.