Game Central (Saturday, May 10) vs. Tennessee
Game #36: Jackson Generals (15-20) at Huntsville Stars (20-15) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Kyle Hunter (0-1, 2.93) vs. RHP Ivan Pineyro (0-2, 2.32)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals and Tennessee Smokies begin a 5-game series tonight in Jackson…coming off a 1-4 road trip at Huntsville and have dropped 4 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Jackson (15-20) lost a heartbreaker in 13 innings to the Huntsville Stars (23-12) 2-1 on Friday in the finale of the five-game series. Jason Rogers scored Nick Ramirez with an RBI single in the bottom of the 13th to end the game. LHP Tyler Olson (0-1, 5.73) fanned 10 in his second Generals start, but took a no-decision in the extra inning battle. Huntsville took four of five from the Generals.
SERIES OF ROSTER MOVES TODAY:
• The Seattle Mariners have announced the following roster moves Saturday that affected the Generals roster.
• RHP Jochi Ogando has been transferred to Hi-A High Desert and INF Ramon Morla has been transferred to extended spring training in Peoria, AZ. Also, RHP Matt Anderson (will start Sunday) and INF Patrick Kivlehan have been added to Jackson’s roster from Hi-A High Desert.
RUTGERS STAR BOLSTERS GENERALS LINEUP:
• Newest General INF Patrick Kivlehan recorded 12 multi-RBI games this season for High Desert. His 35 RBI currently ranks 2nd amongst all minor league players.
• Dating back to August 1, 2013, Kivlehan has driven in 74 runs over 62 games in the minor leagues. During this 62 game stretch leads all minor league players.
• Overall this season, he is batting .282 (40×142) with 24 runs scored, 9 doubles, 2 triples, 9 home runs, 35 RBI, 12 walks and 2 stolen base.
A LACK OF EARNED RUNS IN HUNTSVILLE:
• The pitching staff surrendered 18 runs in 5 games during the series at Huntsville, but only 8 were earned runs leading to a 1.58 ERA. Jackson’s 4 errors in the series led to 10 unearned runs.
HOBSON KEEPS SEEING HIS ERA DROP:
• The reigning SL Pitcher of the Week, Cam Hobson has not allowed an earned run over his last 3 starts (4/28@MOB, 5/3 vs. PNS and 5/8@HVL). Despite no earned runs (4 total runs), Hobson is 1-0 and the Generals are 1-2 in those games. He has a 2.16 ERA, which ranks 9th in the SL.
THE “KETEL” STAYING HOT – HIT STREAK AT 9:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in each of his last 9 games, batting .306 (11×36) with 4 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 RBI, 2 walks and 5 stolen baes. This is his 3rd hitting streak of 7 or more this season…After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stole 8 bases in his last 14 games.
BIG LEAGUE MARINERS HAVE WON 9 OF 12:
• Despite losing last night to Kansas City, Seattle has still won 9 of their last 12, and 11 of the last 15 games.
• Last night former General Brandon Maurer tossed a career-high 7.1 innings (previous: 7.0, Sept. 23, 2013 vs. KC).
• The run allowed by Seattle in the first inning snapped a streak of 27.0 consecutive scoreless innings against Kansas City.
• Former Genral James Jones had a pinch-hit double and is hitting .455 (5×11) with 2 runs and a double this season.
• The Generals and Smokies will play 15 times this season and 10 of the 15 games occur at The Ballpark at Jackson.
• Last season the Generals went 3-16 against the Smokies after going 17-7 against the baby Bears in 2012.
• The Generals took 3 of 5 against Tennessee in the series on Smokies Park, April 14-18.