Game Central (Monday, May 12) vs. Tennessee
Game #38: Jackson Generals (15-22) vs. Tennessee Smokies (22-15) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (0-0, 5.40) vs. RHP Dae-Eun Rhee (2-1, 3.25)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals are trying to snap out of a 4-game losing streak in game 3 of the 5-game series with Tennessee…have dropped 9 of their last 10 overall…lost 4 of 5 on last road trip at Huntsville.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals lost 17-13 to the Smokies on Sunday night. The 30 runs combined was a franchise record and just 5 shy of the Southern League all-time record. The Generals lost their 9th out of 10 games.
• The game was 3 hours, 55 minutes which was the longest nine-inning game thus far this season in the Southern League.
• Ketel Marte (4×6, 2 R, RBI, 2 SB, 2B) led the Generals with 4 hits and Manny Pina (1×2, 3 R, RBI, 3 BB, 2B), Patrick Brady (1×4, 3 RBI, BB, 3B), Mickey Wiswall (2×5, 2 R, 2 RBI, 2B), Kevin Rivers (1×4, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB), John Hicks (2×5, R, RBI), Dan Paolini (1×3, R, 2 RBI, BB), Jamal Austin (1×5, 2 R, BB, SB) had a part in the 13 hit performance.
• Starter Matt Anderson (L, 0-1, 3.1,7,10,9,2,0) suffered the loss for Jackson.
30-RUN GAME SUNDAY WAS RECORD BREAKING:
• The Smokies defeated the Generals Sunday night 17-13 and it was the most combined runs involving Jackson or West Tenn in franchise history.
• The 30 runs combined were 5 short of the league record (35 in 1988, Orlando 18, Huntsville 17), but it was the first time in league history that 30 runs have been scored without a home run.
• The game involved 29 hits, 5 errors, 20 runners left on base and 15 of 18 starters had hits, 16 of 18 scored runs, 14 of 18 produced RBI’s. Every Smokies starter scored at least 2 runs except for Anthony Giansanti (0).
• The time of game, 3 hours, 55 minutes was the longest 9 inning game this season in the Southern League.
THE “KETEL” STAYING HOT – HIT STREAK AT 10:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in each of his last 10 games, batting .357 (15×42) with 6 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 RBI, 2 walks and 7 stolen bases. The hitting streak is the tied for the longest currently in the league (David Peralta, MOB). This is his 3rd hitting streak of 7 or more this season…After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stole 8 bases in his last 14 games.
PRINCE MOISES ADDING SOLID RELIEF:
• RH Moises Hernandez, Felix’s older brother has not allowed an earned run in his last 8.1 innings in relief.
BRADY IS LEADING THE BUNCH RIGHT NOW:
• INF Patrick Brady has hit safely in each of his last 6 games, batting .375 (9×24) with 3 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run and 6 RBI.
HOBSON KEEPS SEEING HIS ERA DROP:
• LHP Cam Hobson has not allowed an earned run in his last 19.0 innings over his last 3 starts. Since April 23, he is 2-0 with a 1.11 ERA (3 ER, 24.1 IP), while walking 7 and striking out 8 in 4 starts. Overall this season he has limited opponents to a .247 (38×154) average, including a .130 (3×23) clip vs. left-handed batters.
VICTOR SANCHEZ BACK ON THE HILL TONIGHT:
• 19-year-old Victor Sanchez was activated from the DL yesterday and makes his 3rd start of the season tonight.
• Sanchez was placed on the DL on 4/16 with right forearm tightness.
• Sanchez is the 2nd-youngest starting pitcher (19.2) in franchise history to RHP Carlos Zambrano (18.8 in 2000) when the franchise was affiliated with the Chicago Cubs.
• Sanchez is rated by Baseball America as the Mariners’ No. 7 overall prospect and 4th ranked pitcher.
ACKLEY GOES DEEP TWICE FOR M’S ON SUNDAY:
• 2010 Jackson alumnus Dustin Ackley hit 2 home runs Sunday in Seattle’s 9-7 loss to Kansas City after hitting 1 Saturday against the Royals.
• It was the first multi-home run game of Ackley’s career.
• First time to hit a home run in back-to-back games in his career.
• Hit home runs in 3 straight plate appearances; his last plate appearance Saturday and his first two Sunday.
• Hitting .355 (11×31) with 7 runs, 3 home runs, 6 RBI, .459 OBP, .645 slugging & 1.105 OPS in last 11 G.
• The Generals and Smokies play 15 times this season and 10 of the 15 games occur at The Ballpark at Jackson. Currently the season series is led by the Smokies, 4-3.
• Last season the Generals went 3-16 against the Smokies after going 17-7 against the Baby Bears in 2012.
• The Generals took 3 of 5 against Tennessee in the series on Smokies Park, April 14-18.