Game Central (Thursday, May 15) vs. Montgomery
Game #40: Jackson Generals (16-23) vs. Montgomery Biscuits (21-18) | 7:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (0-1, 5.73) vs. RHP Jared Mortensen (4-0, 3.24)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals begin a 5-game series tonight with the Montgomery Biscuits …this is the 2nd leg of a 10-game homestand (1-3) with Tennessee and Montgomery…dropped 5 straight series’ after winning first 3.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Wednesday’s series finale between the Generals and Smokies was cancelled due to the rain. The game will not be made up, as the two teams don’t meet again until the 2nd half of the season. Tennessee took 3 of 4 from Jackson in the series out-scoring the Generals 45-32 in the set.
HOBSON’S STREAK COMES TO AN END:
• LHP Cam Hobson allowed 4 runs in the 4th inning on May 13 vs. Tenessee, snapping a string of 23.0 innings without allowing an earned run over his last 4 starts.
BRING ON THE BISCUITS:
• In 2013 the Generals went 10-5 against the Tampa Bay Rays AA affiliate including 7-3 in games played in Jackson.
• OF Leon Landry batted just .163 (8×49) against Montgomery. last year, but had 3 of his 6 HR of 2014 in 13 games against the Biscuits. He also had 8 RBI.
• Last season Jackson pitching posted a 2.53 ERA in the 15 games against Montgomery.
DOWD PUTTING TOGETHER A SOLID MONTH:
• C Mike Dowd has hit safey in his last 5 games, batting .368 (7×19) with 3 runs scored, 1 triple, 3 RBI and 2 walks. In the month of May he is batting .318 (7×22).
HICKS AND PAOLINI REACHING BASE:
• C John Hicks had an RBI and a triple last night and extended his on-base streak to 16 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .250 (15×60), with 2 doubles, 1 triiple, 6 runs, 7 walks, 9 RBI and a .324 OBP. It’s the longest active streak in the league.
• INF Dan Paolini was 1×4 onTuesday and has reached base safely in 14 straight games. During the streak he is batting .244 (11×45) with 3 doubles, 1 home run, 5 runs, 10 RBI and 14 walks. His on-base percentage is .429
KETEL MARTE REMAINS A TOUGH OUT:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, batting .340 (17×50) with 7 runs scored, 5 doubles, 2 RBI, 3
walks and 8 stolen baes. After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stolen 11 bases in his last 18 games..
• Marte currently ranks T-3rd in AVG (.324), T-2nd in doubles (11), 4th in stolen bases (13) and 3rd in hits (45) in the SL.
BRADY IS LEADING THE BUNCH RIGHT NOW:
• INF Patrick Brady has hit safely in each of his last 6 games, batting .375 (9×24) with 3 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run and 6 RBI.
RUN GAME SUNDAY WAS RECORD BREAKING:
• The Smokies defeated the Generals Sunday night 17-13 and it was the most combined runs involving Jackson or West Tenn in franchise history.
• The 30 runs combined were 5 short of the league record (35 in 1988, Orlando 18, Huntsville 17), but it was the first time in league history that 30 runs have been scored without a home run.
• The game involved 29 hits, 5 errors, 20 runners left on bas1e and 15 of 18 starters had hits, 16 of 18 scored runs, 14 of 18 produced RBI’s. Every Smokies starter scored at least 2 runs except for Anthony Giansanti (0).
• The time of game, 3 hours, 55 minutes was the longest 9 inning game this season in the Southern League.
RECORD BREAKING SERIES:
• The Generals and Smokies have combined for 77 runs over the first 4 games of the series (TNS 45, JXN 32). This is the highest scoring series (4 or more games) in Jackson’s franchise history.
• Last night there were 5 triples combined between the clubs (TNS 3, JXN 2) which was 2 shy of the Southern League record.