Game Central (Sunday, May 18) vs. Montgomery
Game #43: Jackson Generals (17-25) vs. Montgomery Biscuits (23-19) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Trevor Miller (2-4, 3.98) vs. RHP Roberto Gomez (1-0, 3.60)
Promotions: Family Fun Day (Kids 12-and-under get in free, plus free ice cream and Sonic Kids Zone access) Sports Card Show from 1-6pm
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• Trailing in the series 2-1, the Generals and Montgomery play game 4 of the set tonight …this is the 2nd leg of rain-shortened 9-game homestand (2-5) with Tennessee and Montgomery…have dropped 5 straight series’ after winning first 3.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals out-hit the Biscuits 7-5, but Jackson was shutout by Montgomery 4-0 on Saturday.
• 1B Mickey Wiswall (2×4) and LF Leon Landry (2×3, 2B, 3B) each recorded 2 hits, while CF Jamal Austin (1×3, BB, SB), RF Kevin Rivers (1×4) and C Manny Pina (1×4) each recorded 1 of the Generals 7 hits.
• Starter Victor Sanchez (4.0,2,3,0,3,2,HR) recorded his first loss of the season after not allowing an eanred run (3 R) in 4.0 innings. RH Moises Hernandez (4.0,2,1,1,1,HR) allowed 1 run in the 6th inning, while RH Mayckol Guaipe (1.0,1,0,0,0,1) tossed a scoreless 9th inning.
BAYOU BENGAL LEON LANDRY HAVING SOLID SERIES:
• Former LSU Tiger and Jackson OF Leon Landry has recorded 4 hits in his last 7 at-bats with 2 doubles, 1 triple and 1 RBI.
HICKS WITH A SL LEADING ON-BASE STREAK:
• C John Hicks had an RBI and a triple last night and extended his on-base streak to 16 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .266 (17×64), with 3 doubles, 1 triiple, 7 runs, 7 walks, 9 RBI and a .333 OBP. It’s the longest active streak in the league. Hicks also currently has a 7-game hit streak, batting .333 (9×27) with 5 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 2 walks.
BLACK JACK IS BACK TO HITTING:
• INF Jack Marder has hit safely in each of his last 5 game he has appeared, batting .429 (6×14) with 6 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 RBI and 3 walks.
PIZZANO JOINS GENERALS FROM HIGH DESERT:
• Former Ivy League Player of the Year in 2012, OF Dario Pizzano has joined the Generals from A+ High Desert where he was leading the CAL League in doubles (16)
• Pizzano led all Mariners farmhands in 2013 with 40 doubles, while ranking T6th amongst all minor league players
DOWD PUTTING TOGETHER A SOLID MAY:
• C Mike Dowd saw his 5-game hitting streak come to an end on Thursday, but in May Dowd is batting .280 (7×25) with 1 triple, 1 home run, 3 RBI and a .357 OBP.
KETEL MARTE REMAINS A TOUGH OUT:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 13 of his last 15 games, batting .317 (20×63) with 9 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 6 RBI, 3 walks and 9 stolen baes. After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stolen 12 bases in his last 21 games.
• Marte currently ranks 5th in AVG (.316), 2nd in doubles (12), 4th in stolen bases (14) and T-2nd in hits (48) in the SL.
2013 GENERAL JAMES JONES IN GOOD COMPANY:
• Mariners OF and 2013 General James Jones has recorded at least one hit in each of his first 9 Major League starts, joining Edgar Martinez (first 10 MLB GS in 1987) and Alvin Davis (first 9 MLB GS in 1984) as Mariners with hits in at least the first 9 starts of a Major League career
• Jones has appeared in 14 total games, with hits in 11 of those games, including a current 8-game hitting streak.
BRING ON THE BISCUITS:
• Montgomery and Jackson meet 20 total times in 2014, which is the 2nd-longest season series (Huntsville). Thus far Montgomery leads the season series 2-1.
• All-time the Generals are 82-78 against Montgomery and 48-34 against the Biscuits in Jackson.since Montgomery’s franchise began in 2004.
• In 2013 the Generals went 10-5 against the Tampa Bay Rays AA affiliate including 7-3 in games played in Jackson.