Game Central (Monday, May 19) vs. Montgomery
Game #44: Jackson Generals (18-25) vs. Montgomery Biscuits (23-20) | 11:05 am | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Cam Hobson (3-3, 2.96) vs. RHP Michael Colla (4-0, 3.24)
Promotions: School Day
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals and Biscuits play the rubber match of the 5-game series this morning with the set tied 2-2…this is the 2nd leg of rain-shortened 9-game homestand (3-5) with Tennessee and Montgomery…have dropped 5 straight series’ after winning first 3.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Mickey Wiswall (2×3, 2 R, 3 RBI) homered and John Hicks (2×3, 3 R, BB) and Mike Dowd (2×3, R, RBI) added 2-hit games as Jackson defeated Montgomery 8-1 to even the series at 2-2 on Sunday night.
• Wiswall’s homer in the 5th propelled Jackson to a 4-run inning and they came from down 1-0 to win the game.
• Starter Trevor Miller (6.1,3,1,1,3,4) improved to 3-4 and won his 3rd straight outing (2 starts, 1 relief) working into the 7th inning on Sunday.
• Relievers Stephen Shackleford (1.2,1,0,0,0,3) and Stephen Kohlscheen (1.0,0,0,0,0,0) combined to go 2.2 innings to finish off the win.
• Dario Pizzano (1×4, R) racked up his first AA hit with a single in the 6th inning.
FOUR IS A MAGIC NUMBER:
• When the Generals scored 4-or-more runs in a game this season they are 17-4. When the Generals fail to score 4 runs they are 1-21.
HICKS WITH A SL LEADING ON-BASE STREAK:
• C John Hicks had 2 hits on Sunday and extended his league-leading on-base streak to 18 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .284 (19×67), with 4 doubles, 1 triiple, 10 runs, 8 walks, 9 RBI and a .355 OBP. Hicks also currently has an 8-game hit streak, batting .366 (11×30) with 8 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 3 walks.
BLACK JACK IS BACK TO HITTING:
• INF Jack Marder has hit safely in each of his last 6 game he has appeared, batting .412 (7×17) with 6 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 RBI and 4 walks.
DOWD PUTTING TOGETHER A SOLID MAY:
• C Mike Dowd has hit in 6 of 7 games and in May is batting .321 (7×25) with 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run, 4 RBI and a .387 OBP.
KETEL MARTE REMAINS A TOUGH OUT:
• SS Ketel Marte doesn’t have a hit in his last 13 at-bats, but has hit safely in 13 of his last 16 games, batting .294 (20×68) with 9 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 6 RBI, 3 walks and 9 stolen baes. After recording only 2 stolen bases in his first 17 games to begin the season, Marte has stolen 12 bases in his last 22 games.
• Marte currently ranks 6th in AVG (.306), 2nd in doubles (12), T-4th in stolen bases (14) and T-2nd in hits (48) in the SL.
BAYOU BENGAL LEON LANDRY HAVING SOLID SERIES:
• Former LSU Tiger and Jackson OF Leon Landry has recorded 4 hits in his last 7 at-bats with 2 doubles, 1 triple and 1 RBI.
BRING ON THE BISCUITS:
• Montgomery and Jackson meet 20 total times in 2014, which is the 2nd-longest season series (Huntsville). Thus far the season series is even at 2-2.
• All-time the Generals are 83-78 against Montgomery and 49-34 against the Biscuits in Jackson.since Montgomery’s franchise began in 2004.
• In 2013 the Generals went 10-5 against the Tampa Bay Rays AA affiliate including 7-3 in games played in Jackson.