Game Central (Sunday, May 25) at Jacksonville
Game #48: Jackson Generals (19-29) at Jacksonville Suns (24-24) | 6:05 pm CT | Bragan Field
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Cam Hobson (3-3, 3.60) vs. RHP James Nygren (0-1, 2.87)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their longest road trip of the season with game the series finale at Jacksonville (1-3)…the Generals will play 5 games at Mobile starting on Monday…have dropped 7 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored 3 runs in the top of the 8th inning, but couldn’t overcome an early deficit as Jackson lost to Jacksonville 7-6 on Saturday night.
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan (3×4, R) led the team with 3 hits, while DH Manny Pina (2×4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI) and 2B Jack Marder (2×3, R, 2B, RBI, BB) each recorded 2 of the Generals 12 hits.
• Pina hit his first home run of the season with a solo blast with 2 outs in the 6ht inning.
• Starter Trevor Miller (4.1,8,7,7,2,3,HR) recorded his 5th loss of the season, allowing 7 runs on 8 hits in 4.1 innings. LH Nick Hill (2.0,2,0,0,0,2,HBP) and RH Stephen Shackelford (1.2,0,0,0,1,3) combined to hold the Suns scoreless over the final 3.2 innings in relief.
HICKS PUTTING TOGETHER IMPRESSIVE STREAKS:
• C John Hicks has expanded his league-leading on-base streak to 21 games. During the streak Hicks is batting .325 (26×80), with 5 doubles, 1 triiple, 2 home runs, 14 runs, 9 walks, 14 RBI and a .389 OBP. The streak is the 3rd-longest this season in the SL. (John Andreoli TNS, 30, Kris Bryant TNS, 24). Hicks also has an Generals season-long 11-game hit streak, batting .419 (18×43) with 12 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 10 RBI and 4 walks.
DOUBLES STACKING UP FOR GENERALS, :
• The Generals tallied 5 doubles last night in the 7-6 loss to the Suns and are T-2nd in the Southern League in doubles.
• Jackson’s Dan Paolini ranks T-2nd individually in the Southern League in doubles with 14.
LANDRY IS HAVING A CAREER BEST WEEK:
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 6 of his last 7 games (all 5 starts) with 5 multi-hit contests, batting .625 (15×24) with 3 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 1 stolen base. Landry leads all of minor league baseball in hitting over the last week.
Top Hitters in MiLB since May 16th
Carlos Lopez (GBO) .645 (20×31)
Leon Landry (JXN) .625 (15×24)
Corey Seager (RC) .568 (21×37)
John Hicks (JXN) .550 (11×20)
LET THE SUNSHINE IN:
• The Generals and Suns meet 10 times during the 2014 season (1-3) and the clubs are seperated by 711 miles (farthest opponent for Generals).
• Last season the teams met just 8 times with 2 games being cancelled due to rain. Jackson went 3-5 against Jacksonviile last season including going 2-3 at Bragan Field.