Game Central (Monday, May 26) at Mobile
Game #50: Jackson Generals (20-29) at Mobile BayBears (30-19) | 4:05 pm CT | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (1-2, 5.57) vs. RHP Braden Hagens (2-2, 2.67)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their longest road trip of the season with the opener of the 5-game series at Mobile…dropped 3 of 5 in Jacksonville in first leg of 10-game road trip…have dropped 7 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• DH Mickey Wiswall, 3B Patrick Kivlehan and 2B Jack Marder each hit home run to lead Jackson to a 6-1 win over Jacksonville on Sunday night.
• Marder (3×4 2 R, HR, RBI) and SS Ketel Marte (3×5, R, 3B, RBI) each led the team with 3 hits, while Wiswall (1×4, R, HR, RBI), Kivlehan (1×3, R, HR, RBI, BB), CF Leon Landry (1×5, R), 1B Dan Paolini (1×5, 2B, 2 RBI) and RF Kevin Rivers (1×4) each recorded 1 of the Generals 11 hits.
• Starter Cam Hobson (5.2,5,1,1,2,3) recorded his 3rd win of the season, allowing only 1 run on 5 hits in 5.2 innings. RH Mayckol Guaipe (2.1,1,0,0,0,1) and RH Stephen Kohlscheen (1.0,1,0,0,0,1) combined to hold the Suns scoreless over the final 3.1 innings in relief.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Double-digit hits – Recorded double-digit hits in 4 of 5 games in Jacksonville and 8 of last 10 games overall.
• Toughest to strikeout – Jack Marder (1/11.42) ranks 1st while Leon Landry (1/9.13) is 3rd and Jamal Austin (1/8.95) is 4th toughest to strikeout in the Southern League.
• Throwing Strikes- Stephen Kohlscheen (1.08), Kyle Hunter (1.25) and Mayckol Guaipe (1.59) rank 1st, 3rd and 4th among SL relievers in fewest walks per 9 IP
• Tough May – last in the league with a 7-16 record during the month of May.
PAOLINI HAS AN 8-GAME HIT STREAK:
• INF Dan Paolini currently has an 8-game hitting streak, batting .324 (11×34) with 4 runs, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 6 RBI and a .395 OBP during the streak. Currently it is the 4th-longest active streak in the Southern League.
Current Hitting Streaks in the Southern League
Ryan Brett (MTG) 11 (5/7-current)
Luke Maile (MTG) 9 (5/13-current)
Kentrail Davis (HVL) 8 (5/17-current)
Dan Paolini (JXN) 8 (5/16-current)
HICKS STREAKS COME TO AN END ON SUNDAY:
• C John Hicks had his current league-leading on-base streak end at 21 games on Sunday in Jacksonville. During the streak Hicks batted .325 (26×80), with 5 doubles, 1 triiple, 2 home runs, 14 runs, 9 walks, 14 RBI and a .389 OBP. The streak is the 3rd-longest this season in the SL. (John Andreoli TNS, 30, Kris Bryant TNS, 24). Hicks’s Generals season-long 11-game hit streak ended as well as he batted .419 (18×43) with 12 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 10 RBI and 4 walks during streak.
Longest On-Base Streaks in the Southern League in 2014
John Andreoli (TNS) 30 (4/6-5/11)
Kris Bryant (TNS) 24 (4/3-4/28)
John Hicks (JXN) 21 (4/17-5/23)
LANDRY HAS HIT IN EACH OF HIS LAST 7 STARTS:
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 7 of his last 8 games (all 7 starts) with 5 multi-hit contests, batting .552 (16×29) with 4 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 1 stolen base. Since May 16, Landry is 2nd in all of MiLB in hitting.
RETURN OF THE MEGABOWL IN MOBILE:
• The Generals and BayBears meet for their 2nd series at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile. The clubs will meet 20 times this season including 15 games in Mobile.
• The BayBears took 4 of 5 from Jackson April 24-28, out-scoring the Generals 29-8 over the five games. .