Game Central (Friday, May 30) at Mobile
Game #54: Jackson Generals (22-31) at Mobile BayBears (32-21) | 7:05 pm CT | Hank Aaron Stadium
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Cam Hobson (4-3, 3.40) vs. RHP Mike Lee (3-3, 3.97)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals wrap up the 10-game, 2 city road trip (4-5) with the rubber match of the series at Mobile (2-2)…dropped 3 of 5 in Jacksonville in first leg of 10-game road trip…have dropped 7 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan drove in a run with a RBI single in the top of the 4th inning for a 1-0 lead, but the lead didn’t last as Jackson lost to Mobile4-1 in game 1 of a doubleheader on Thursday night. • SS Ketel Marte (2×3, R, SB) led the team with 2 hits, while Kivlehan (1×3, RBI, SB), CF Leon Landry (1×2, BB), C Manny Pina (1×2, BB) and DH Mickey Wiswall (1×2, BB) each recorded 1 of the Generals 6 hits.
• Starter Victor Sanchez (4.0,9,2,2,2,3,HR) recorded his 2nd loss of the season after allowing a 2-run home run in the bottom of the 4th inning.
• The Generals scored 3 runs in the top of the 4th inning on a 3-run home run by 3B Patrick Kivlehan as Jackson defeated Mobile 4-1 on game 2.
• CF Jamal Austin (3×3, R, 2B, SB) recorded a hit in all 3 plate appearances, while 1B Dan Paolini (2×3, R), Kivlehan (1×3, R, HR, 3 RBI) and SS Ketel Marte (1×3, R, 2B, RBI) combined to recorded 4 of the Generals 7 hits.
• Starter Trevor Miller (6.0,2,1,0,4,3) recorded his 4th win of the season after allowing an unearned run in the 2nd innings. RH Stephen Kohlscheen (1.0,2,0,0,0,2) allowed 2 hits and struck out 2 in a scoreless 7th inning to earn his 4 save.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Looking for a series win in Mobile – A win today in the rubber match of the series would mean the firs series win at Mobile since May 25-29, 2011 winning 4 of 7. Would snap a string of 4 straight series’ lost in Mobile.
• Toughest to strikeout – Jack Marder (1/9.93) ranks 2nd while Jamal Austin (1/9.14) is 3rd and Ketel Marte (1/8.92) is 5th toughest to strikeout in the Southern League.
• Throwing Strikes- Stephen Kohlscheen (1.00), Kyle Hunter (1.16) and Mayckol Guaipe (1.48) rank 1st, 3rd and 4th among SL relievers in fewest walks per 9 IP
• SS Ketel Marte currently has a 5-game hit streak, batting .364 (8×22) with 4 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple, 3 RBI and 1 stolen base. Marte has hit safely in 18 of 24 games in May, batting .294 (30×102) with 12 runs scored, 8 doubles, 2 triple, 10 RBI, 3 walks and 8 stolen bases.
• Tough May – last in the league with a 9-18 record during the month of May. 20 losses is the franchise record (June, 07) in a month.
WISWALL HAS LEAGUE-LEADING HITTING STREAK:
• INF Mickey Wiswall has a 11-game hitting streak, batting .381 (16×42) with 9 runs, 2 doubles, 3 home runs,10 RBI and a .391 OBP.
Longest Generals Hitting Streaks This Season
John Hicks 11 (5/6-5/23)
Mickey Wiswall 11 (5/11-current)
Ketel Marte 10 (4/28-5/11)
Dan Paolini 9 (5/16-5/27)
Patrick Kivlehan 8 (5/22-current)
THE RELIEVING MACHINE GETS 2ND SAVE OF SERIES:
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen earned his 2nd save of the series last night and has not allowed an earned run in 15 of his 19 relief appearances this season, going 1-1 with 4 saves and a 1.33 ERA (4 ER, 27.0 IP).while walking 3 and striking out 29.
KIVLEHAN SETTLING IN AT JACKSON AND ON TOP OF ORG:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan has hit in 8 straight games batting .379 (11×29) with 4 runs, 1 triple, 1 double, 2 home runs and 7 RBI. Kivlehan leads the Mariners organization in home runs with 11 and RBI’s with 43 split between High Desert and Jackson.
RETURN OF THE MEGABOWL IN MOBILE:
• The Generals and BayBears meet for their 2nd series at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile. The clubs meet 20 times this season including 15 games in Mobile.
• The BayBears took 4 of 5 from Jackson April 24-28, out-scoring the Generals 29-8 over the five games. .