Game Central (Saturday, May 31) vs. Huntsville
Game #55: Jackson Generals (22-32) vs. Huntsville Stars (38-17) | 6:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (1-2, 4.94) vs. RHP Tyler Cravy (7-1, 1.79)
Promotions: Night of Heart, Postgame Fireworks, Postgame Beyond Blame Concert, Jersey Auction
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals begin a 5-game series and homestand tonight against Huntsville…dropped 6 of 10 on recent road trip to Jacksonville and Mobile…have dropped 8 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals allowed 2 run in each of the first 3 innings as Jackson lost to Mobile 8-2 on Friday night.
• LF Leon Landry (2×5, R) led the team with 2 hits, while CF Jamal Austin (1×5), SS Ketel Marte (1×3, 2B, RBI), DH Dan Paolini (1×3, BB), 3B Patrick Kivlehan (1×4), 1B Mickey Wiswall (1×4, R), C John Hicks (1×4, SB) and RF Kevin Rivers (1×4, SB) each recorded 1 of the Generals 9 hits.
• Starte Cam Hobson (1.2,2,4,2,5,2,HR) picked up his 4th loss of the season, after allowing 4 runs (2 ER) on 2 hits in 1.2 innings. RH Moises Hernandez (3.1,3,2,2,1,3,HR) and LH Nick Hill (1.2,2,2,1,2,2) combined to allow 4 runs (3 ER) over 5.0 innings in relief, while RH Stephen Shackleford (1.1,2,0,0,0,0) held the BayBear scoreless over the final 1.1 innings.
ROAD TRIP BY THE NUMBERS:
• The Generals went 4-6 on the recent 10-game road trip to Jacksonville and Mobile posting a .267 batting average and a 3.76 ERA.
• The Generals slugged 9 home runs and scored 39 runs while Patrick Kivlehan (.324/2/7), Leon Landry (.333/0/2), Ketel Marte (.317/0/4), Manny Pina (.308/1/3), and Mickey Wiswall (.304/1/2) hit over .300.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 9 of his last 13 games with 6 multi-hit contests, batting .432 (19×44) with 5 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI, 1 walk and 1 stolen base.
• Toughest to strikeout – Jack Marder (1/9.93) ranks 2nd while Jamal Austin (1/9.14) is 3rd and Ketel Marte (1/8.92) is 5th toughest to strikeout in the Southern League.
• Throwing Strikes- Stephen Kohlscheen (1.00), Kyle Hunter (1.16) and Mayckol Guaipe (1.48) rank 1st, 3rd and 4th among SL relievers in fewest walks per 9 IP
• SS Ketel Marte currently has a 6-game hit streak, batting .360 (9×25) with 4 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 4 RBI and 1 stolen base. Marte has hit safely in 18 of 24 games in May, batting .294 (30×102) with 12 runs scored, 8 doubles, 2 triple, 10 RBI, 3 walks and 8 stolen bases.
• Tough May – last in the league with a 9-19 record during the month of May. 20 losses is the franchise record (June, 07) in a month.
WISWALL HAS LEAGUE-LEADING HITTING STREAK:
• INF Mickey Wiswall has a 11-game hitting streak, batting .381 (16×42) with 9 runs, 2 doubles, 3 home runs,10 RBI and a .391 OBP.
Longest Generals Hitting Streaks This Season
Mickey Wiswall 12 (5/11-current)
John Hicks 11 (5/6-5/23)
Ketel Marte 10 (4/28-5/11)
Patrick Kivlehan 9 (5/22-current)
Dan Paolini 9 (5/16-5/27)
THE RELIEVING MACHINE WITH 2 SAVES THIS WEEK:
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen earned his 2nd save of the series last night and has not allowed an earned run in 15 of his 19 relief appearances this season, going 1-1 with 4 saves and a 1.33 ERA (4 ER, 27.0 IP).while walking 3 and striking out 29.
KIVLEHAN SETTLING IN AT JACKSON AND ON TOP OF ORG:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in his last 9 games, batting .364 (12×33) with 4 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 7 RBI, 4 walks and 2 stolen bases.Kivlehan leads the Mariners organization in home runs with 11 and RBI’s with 43 split between High Desert and Jackson.
HELLO AGAIN HUNTSVILLE, WE ARE LOOKING UP:
• The Generals and Huntsville Stars meet 25 times this season and are each others most common opponent.
• The Stars have the best record in the Southern League at 38-17 and rank 1st in the league in runs, stolen bases, WHIP, saves and 2nd in the league in ERA.
• Jackson dropped 4 of 5 from the Stars in Huntsville on 5/5-5/9 at Joe Davis Stadium.