Game Central (Sunday, June 15) vs. Jacksonville
Game #69: Jackson Generals (31-37) vs. Jacksonville Suns (35-34) | 2:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Trevor Miller (4-6, 4.91) vs. RHP Jay Rogers (1-2, 5.60)
Promotions: Disney Family Fun Day
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals wrap up the final series of the first half with the finale of a 5-game home series with the Jacksonville Suns (3-1)…have won 9 of 13 to start month of June…have won 3 straight series over Huntsville (3-2), at Birmingham (3-2) and Jacksonville (3-1)…5-3 vs. Suns this season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Jacksonville Suns exacted their revenge on the Generals for the first 3 games of this series as they pounded out 16 hits and scored 12 runs to earn a 12-4 win Saturday in Jackson.
• The game was played in front of the largest crowd of the season, 6,413 at The Ballpark at Jackson.
• Starter Stephen Landazuri suffered the loss drawing his first start since April 22nd. He allowed 7 runs on 6 hits in just 1.2 innings. Moises Hernandez (0-4, 5.87) came out of the bullpen for 2.1 innings and gave up three more runs on five hits. Cam Hobson (4-5, 3.28) pitched well in relief as the Suns only scored twice on five hits over the final 5.0 innings with Hobson on the mound.
• Jackson had 10 hits as DH Jamal Austin extended his hitting streak to a team-high 13 games and 3B Patrick Kivlehan extended his on base streak to 23 games, currently the longest in the Southern League.
KIVLEHAN PUSHES ON-BASE STREAK TO 23 GAMES:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan currently has an 11-game hit streak, batting .475 (19×40) with 7 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 home run, 13 RBI, 5 walks and 1 stolen base. After going just 4-for-35 in his first 10 Jackson games from May 10-21, Kivlehan has reached base safely in 23 straight games since May 22, batting .383 (31×81) with 12 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 3 home runs, 21 RBI, 12 walks and a .453 OBP. He has raised his season average from .114 to .302.
Longest On-Base Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1. John Andreoli TNS 30G 4/6-5/11
2. Kris Bryant TNS 24G 4/3-4/28
3. Patrick Kivlehan JXN 23G 5/22-current
T-3 Rey Navarro PNS 22G 5/23-current
T-3 Nick Shaw HVL 22G 4/30-5/28
4. John Hicks JXN 21G 4/17-5/23
T-5 Chris Curley BIR 21G 5/23-6/13
ODDS AND ENDS:
• On Top of the League in June – The Generals own the league’s best record at 9-4 in June. The .323 batting average leads the league in June. This is after posting the first 20-loss month since June, 2007 by going 9-20 during the month of May.
• Need For Speed – After 3 more steals during Friday’s doubleheader the Generals now lead the league with 68 steals as a team this season. OF Jamal Austin ranks 4th in SL with 19.
• OF Leon Landry has recorded 5 2-hit games, while extending his hitting streak to 8 games. During this 8-game stetch, Landry is batting .433 (13×30) with 8 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen bases.
• OF Jamal Austin currently has a 13-game hit steak, batting .404 (21×52) with 13 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 4 RBI and 5 stolen bases. Austin has also reached base in a SL best 14-straight home games batting .333 (18×54) with a double, triple, RBI and 3 walks.
• C John Hicks is batting .352 (31×88) with 15 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 12 RBI, 7 walks and 4 stolen bases in 24 games. During this stretch, since May 6, he has raised his season average from .219 to .296.
• OF Kevin Rivers has reached base safely in 14 straight home games batting .290 (14×49) with 8 runs scored, 2 doubles, 2 tripls, 1 RBI and 9 walks.
• RH Matt Anderson is 2-0 with a 2.30 ERA (7 ER, 27.1 IP) in his last 5 starts. During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .271 average (29×107), while walking 7 and striking out 20.
MARTE REMAINING AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE:
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 17 of his last 18 games, batting .320 (24×75) with 12 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 11 RBI, 1 walk and 3 stolen base.. Marte currently ranks 8th in the league in batting (.302), 4th in hits (76), T-3rd in doubles (18), and 5th in stolen bases (16).
THE MAYOR RETURNS TO JACKSON:
• Jacksonville 1B Rich Poythress returns to Jackson this week as now a member of the Miami Marlins organization.
• Poythress played in 238 games for the Jackson franchise from 2009-2013 giving him the nickname “The Mayor” ala his twitter handle @TheMayorRP. He batted .276 (236×854) with 52 doubles, 20 home runs and 122 RBI.