Game Central (Thursday, June 19) at Mississippi
Game #70: Jackson Generals (31-38) at Mississippi Braves (39-30) | 7:00 pm CT | Trustmark Park
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (3-2, 3.80) vs. RHP Jason Hursh (5-4, 3.44)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals begin the second half tonight with the first of a five-game road series against the Mississippi Braves…the Generals have won three straight series winning 3 of 5 in each of them…are 3-2 against the M-Braves this season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• 2B Jack Marder hit his 4th home run of the season in the 9th inning, but the Generals rally fell short as Jackson wrapped up the first half with a 10-4 loss to Jacksonville on Snday afternoon.
• Marder (2×4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI), CF Jamal Austin (2×5, 2B), 3B Patrick Kivlehan (2×4, R, 3B, RBI) and Leon Landry (2×4, R, SB) each recorded 2 of the Generals 11 hits.
• Starter Trevor Miller (5.1,5,6,4,4,3,HR) recorded his 7th loss, allowing 6 runs (4 ER) on 5 hits in 5.1 innings. LH Kyle Hunter (2.0,1,1,1,0,1), RH Stephen Shackleford (0.2,2,0,0,1,2) and RH Richard Vargas (1.0,4,3,3,0,0) combined to allow 4 runs over the final 3.2 innings in relief.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• On Top of the League in June – The Generals are tied with Mobile for the best record at 9-5 in June. The .323 batting average leads the league in June and is only club over .300. This is after posting the first 20-loss month since June, 2007 by going 9-20 during the month of May.
• Need For Speed – The Generals lead the league with 69 steals as a team this season. OF Jamal Austin ranks 4th in SL with 19.
• Life on the Road – 3B Patrick Kivlehan (14) and 1B Mickey Wiswall (10) have the longest current road hitting streaks in the SL.
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 18 of his last 19 games, batting .321 (25×78) with 12 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 12 RBI, 1 walk and 3 stolen base.
• INF Jack Marder has recorded 7 multi-hit efforts in his last 17 games, batting .349 (22×63) with 13 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 11 RBI and 5 walks.
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 9 straight games with 6 multi-hit efforts, batting .441 (15×34) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen bases.
• C John Hicks is batting .352 (31×88) with 15 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 12 RBI, 7 walks and 4 stolen bases in 23 games. During this stretch, since May 6, he has raised his season average from .219 to .291.
• RH Matt Anderson is 2-0 with a 2.30 ERA (7 ER, 27.1 IP) in his last 5 starts. During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .271 average (29×107), while walking 7 and striking out 20.
AUSTIN HAS LEAGUE-LEADING HIT STREAK GOING:
OF Jamal Austin currently has a 14-game hit steak, batting .404 (23×57) with 13 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 4 RBI and 5 stolen bases. This streak is tied with Birmingham’s Chris Curley (5/28-6/11) for the longest in the league this season.
Current Generals Hitting Streaks (League Rank in 2014):
Jamal Austin 14G 5/29-current T-1st
Patrick Kivlehan 12G 6/3-current T-3rd
Leon Landry 9G 6/5-current
Ketel Marte 5G 6/11-current
MARTE, GUAIPE PLAY IN SL ALL-STAR GAME:
• Jackson SS Ketel Marte led off for the North and went 2-for-5 on the night in the North’s 6-4 loss to the South in Chattanooga Tuesday. RH Mayckol Guaipe allowed 1 hit in a scoreless 7th inning.
KIVLEHAN PUSHES ON-BASE STREAK TO 24 GAMES:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan currently has a 12-game hitting streak, batting .477 (21×44) with 8 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 14 RBI, 5 walks and 1 stolen base. After going just 4-for-35 in his first 10 Jackson games from May 10-21, Kivlehan has reached base safely in 24 straight games since May 22, batting .388 (33×85) with 13 runs scored, 7 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 22 RBI, 12 walks and a .455 OBP. He has raised his season average from .114 to .308.
Longest On-Base Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1. John Andreoli TNS 30G 4/6-5/11
T-2 Kris Bryant TNS 24G 4/3-4/28
T-2 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 24G 5/22-current
3. Rey Navarro PNS 23G 5/23-current
4 Nick Shaw HVL 22G 4/30-5/28
T-5 John Hicks JXN 21G 4/17-5/23
T-5 Chris Curley BIR 21G 5/23-6/13