Game Central (Saturday, June 21) at Mississippi
Game #72: Jackson Generals 1-1 (32-39) at Mississippi Braves 1-1 (40-31)
Time/Place: 6:00 pm CT | Trustmark Park
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (3-2, 4.06) vs. RHP Williams Perez (3-3, 1.93)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue the first series of the second half with game three of a five-game road series against the Mississippi Braves (1-1)…the Generals have won three straight series winning 3 of 5 in each of them…are 4-3 against the M-Braves this season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan and PR/LF Leon Landry each drove in a run in the 9th inning as Jackson snapped a 1-1 tie to defeat Mississippi 3-1 on Friday night.
• Kivlehan (2×4, R, 2B, RBI) led the team with 2 hits, extending his season-high hitting streak to 14 games. Landry (1×1, RBI, SB), SS Ketel Marte (1×4, R), DH Kevin Rivers (1×4) and 2B Jack Marder (1×3, R) each recorded 1 of the team’s 6 hits.
• Starter Stephen Landazuri (4.0,3,0,0,0,3) allowed only 3 hits and struck out 3 in 4.0 scoreless innings, but did not factor into the decision. LH Cam Hobson (3.1,5,1,1,1,0) allowed a run in the 6th inning, while RH Richard Vargas (0.2,0,0,0,1,1) and RH Mayckol Guaipe (1.0,0,0,0,0,1) combined to hold the Braves scoreless over the final 1.2 innings in relief. Guaipe recorded his 5th save of the season after striking out 1 in a 1-2-3 9th inning.
AUSTIN NOW HAS LEAGUE-LEADING HIT STREAK:
• OF Jamal Austin went 0-for-3 snapping his hitting streak at 15 games. During the streak he hit .393 (24×61) with 13 runs scored, 5 doubles, 2 triples, 5 RBI and 5 stolen bases. The streak was the longest streak in the Southern League this season.
Longest Hitting Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1 Jamal Austin JXN 15G 5/29-6/19
T-2 Chris Curley BIR 14G 5/28-6/11
T-2 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 14G 6/3-current
T-3 Mike Freeman MOB 13G 4/21-5/5
T-3 Ketel Marte JXN 13G 5/25-6/7
KIVLEHAN PUSHES ON-BASE STREAK TO 26 GAMES:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan currently has a 14-game hit streak, batting .462 (24×52) with 10 runs scored, 8 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 16 RBI, 5 walks and 1 stolen base. His 14-game hitting streak is currently the longest active streak in the Southern League and T2nd-longest this season in the league.
• After going just 4-for-35 in his first 10 Jackson games from May 10-21, Kivlehan has reached base safely in 26 straight games since May 22, batting .387 (36×93) with 15 runs scored, 9 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 24 RBI, 12 walks, 3 stolen bases and a .449 OBP. He has raised his season average from .114 to .313. Kivlehan’s 26 consecutive on-base streak is tied for the longest on the team (also: Jabari Blash, 8/19/13-4/13/14) and trails only John Andreoli-TNS (30, 4/6-5/11/14).
Longest On-Base Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1. John Andreoli TNS 30G 4/6-5/11
2 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 26G 5/22-current
3 Kris Bryant TNS 24G 4/3-4/28
3. Rey Navarro PNS 23G 5/23-current
ODDS AND ENDS:
• On Top of the League in June – The Generals own the best record in the league at 10-6 in June. The .312 batting average leads the league in June and is only club over .300. This is after posting the first 20-loss month since June, 2007 by going 9-20 during the month of May.
• Need For Speed – The Generals lead the league with 71 steals as a team this season. OF Jamal Austin ranks 4th in SL with 19.
• Life on the Road – 3B Patrick Kivlehan (16) has the longest current road hitting streaks in the Southern League.
• SS Ketel Marte has hit safely in 19 of his last 20 games, batting .341 (28×82) with 14 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 12 RBI, 1 walk and 4 stolen base.
• INF Jack Marder has recorded 8 multi-hit efforts in his last 19 games, batting .357 (25×70) with 14 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 12 RBI and 5 walks.
• OF Leon Landry had his 9-game hit streak end last night, but has hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games with 6 multi-hit efforts, batting .405 (15×37) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen bases.
• C John Hicks is batting .350 (28×80) with 14 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 11 RBI, 7 walks and 4 stolen bases in 22 games. During this stretch, since May 11, he has raised his season average from .224 to .288.