Game Central (Sunday, June 22) at Mississippi
Game #73: Jackson Generals 1-2 (32-40) at Mississippi Braves 2-1 (41-31)
Time/Place: 5:00 pm CT | Trustmark Park
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Pike (AA debut) vs. RHP J.R. Graham (1-3, 4.61)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue the first series of the second half with game four of a five-game road series against the Mississippi Braves (1-2)…the Generals have won three straight series winning 3 of 5 in each of them…are 4-4 against the M-Braves this season.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals held a 4-3 lead after 5 innings, but allowed 1 run in each the 6th and 7th innings as Jackson lost to Mississippi 5-4 on Saturday night.
• 2B Jack Marder (2×4, R) led the team with 2 hits, while 3B Patrick Kivlehan (1×3, 2B, RBI, BB) extended both hitting streak to 15 games and his consecutive on-base streak to 27 straight games, going 1-for-3 with a double and RBI.
• Starter Victor Sanchez (6.1,9,5,4,1,4) recorded his 3rd loss of the seaon, allowing 5 runs (4 ER) on 9 hits in 6.1 innings. RH David Colvin (0.2,1,0,0,0,1) and RH Stephen Shackleford (1.0,1,0,0,0,0) combined to hold the Braves scoreless over the final 1.2 innings to close out the game.
KIVLEHAN’S STREAKS TOPPING THE LEAGUE:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan currently has a 15-game hit streak, batting .455 (25×55) with 10 runs scored, 9 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 17 RBI, 5 walks and 1 stolen base. His 15-game hitting streak is currently the longest active streak in the Southern League and T-1st-longest this season in the league.
Longest Hitting Streaks in the Southern League this season:
T-1 Jamal Austin JXN 15G 5/29-6/19
T-1 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 15G 6/3-current
T-2 Chris Curley BIR 14G 5/28-6/11
T-3 Mike Freeman MOB 13G 4/21-5/5
T-3 Ketel Marte JXN 13G 5/25-6/7
• After going just 4-for-35 in his first 10 Jackson games from May 10-21, Kivlehan has reached base safely in 27 straight games since May 22, batting .385 (37×96) with 15 runs scored, 10 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 25 RBI, 12 walks, 3 stolen bases and a .450 OBP. He has raised his season average from .114 to .313. Kivlehan’s 27 consecutive on-base streak is first on the team moving past Jabari Blash (8/19/13-4/13/14) and trails only John Andreoli-TNS (30, 4/6-5/11/14) in the Southern League.
Longest On-Base Streaks in the Southern League this season:
1. John Andreoli TNS 30G 4/6-5/11
2 Patrick Kivlehan JXN 27G 5/22-current
T-3 Kris Bryant TNS 24G 4/3-4/28
T-3 Rey Navarro PNS 23G 5/23-current
4 Tom Belza MOB 22G 5/26-current
ODDS AND ENDS:
• On Top of the League in June – The Generals are tied with Mobile for the best record in the league at 10-7 in June. The .307 batting average leads the league in June and is only club over .300. This is after posting the first 20-loss month since June, 2007 by going 9-20 during the month of May.
• Need For Speed – The Generals lead the league with 71 steals as a team this season. OF Jamal Austin ranks 4th in SL with 19.
• Life on the Road – 3B Patrick Kivlehan (16) has the longest current road hitting streaks in the Southern League.
• OF Jamal Austin has hit safely in 16 of his last 17 games with an at-bat, hitting .368 (25×68) with 13 runs scored, 5 doubles, 2 triples, 5 RBI and 5 stolen bases.
• SS Ketel Marte currently has an 8-game hit streak, batting .393 (11×28) with 6 runs scored, 4 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen bases. It his his 5th hitting streak this season of at least 7 games (last: 13 G, 5/25-6/7). He has also hit safely in 21 of his last 22 games, batting .337 (30×89) with 15 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 14 RBI, 2 walks and 4 stolen base.
• Since May 24, INF Jack Marder has hit safely in 17 of 20 games with 9 multi-hit efforts, batting .365 (27×74) with 15 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 12 RBI and 5 walks.
• OF Leon Landry had his 9-game hit streak end last night, but has hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games with 6 multi-hit efforts, batting .405 (15×37) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen bases.
• C John Hicks is batting .350 (28×80) with 14 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 11 RBI, 7 walks and 4 stolen bases in 22 games. During this stretch, since May 11, he has raised his season average from .224 to .288.