Game Central (Saturday, July 5) at Huntsville
Game #86: Jackson Generals 4-12 (35-50) at Huntsville Stars 8-8 (54-32)
Time/Place: 6:30 pm CT | Joe Davis Stadium | Huntsville, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (3-2, 3.55) vs. LHP Jed Bradley (1-4, 4.80)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue a 5-game road series tonight with game 2 against the Huntsville Stars…coming off a 2-8 homestand against Tennessee (1-4) and Mobile (1-4)…are 4-7 against Huntsville this season and 1-5 at Joe Davis Stadium.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generlas held a 2-0 lead and a 3-2 lead, but wasn’t enough as Jackson lost to Huntsville 4-3 on Friday night.
• CF Leon Landry (2×4, 2 R, SB), SS Ketel Marte (2×4, R), 3B D.J. Peterson (2×4, RBI) and RF Julio Morbon (2×4, 2 RBI), the Generals 1-4 batters in the lineup, combined to record all 8 of the team’s hits, runs scored and RBI.
• Starter Tyler Olson (5.0,8,3,3,0,6) allowed 3 runs on 8 hits in 5.0 innings, but did not factor into the decision. LH Cam Hobson (2.0,2,1,0,2,1) recorded the loss after allowing 2 runs (1 ER) on 2 hits in 2.0 innings in relief. RH David Colvin (1.0,0,0,0,0,1) tossed a 1-2-3 9th inning to close out the game.
CLOSE LOSSES STARTING TO ADD UP:
• The Generals have lost 9 of 11 games and 6 of those have been 1-run games ( 6 of last 8 and 5 have been losses). Jackson has held leads in 6 of the 9 losses and this season have led in 22 of the 50 losses.
• Jackson is 5-14 in 1-run games and had only played in 13 prior to June 27th
PETERSON HITS SAFELY IN 8 OF FIRST 9 JXN GAMES:
• D.J. Peterson, the No. 2 prospect for the Mariners, according to Baseball America and was Seattle’s 12th overall selection in the 2013 draft out of New Mexico. He has currently hit safely in 8 of 9 games he has appeared, batting .250 (9×36) with 1 run scored, 2 doubles, 2 RBI and 2 walks.
Mariners 1st round picks to play for Jackson:
Drafted Player Year(s) in JXN Games
2006 (5th) RHP Brandon Morrow 2008 6
2007 (11th) RHP Phillippe Aumont 2009 15
2008 (20th) RHP Josh Fields 2009-2011 72
2009 (2nd) INF Dustin Ackley 2010 82
2010 (43rd) RHP Taijuan Walker 2012-2014 40
2011 (2nd) LHP Danny Hultzen 2012 13
2012 (3rd) C Mike Zunino 2012 15
2013 (12th) INF D.J. Peterson 2014 5
• Last Tuesday, Peterson was named to the U.S. Team for the upcoming 2014 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game. Peterson will be joined at the All-Star Futures Game by High Desert outfielder Gabby Guerrero, who will play on the World Team at the July 13 game at Target Field in Minneapolis as part of the All-Star Week festivities.