Game #85: Jackson Generals 4-11 (35-49) at Huntsville Stars 7-8 (53-32)
Time/Place: 6:30 pm CT | Joe Davis Stadium | Huntsville, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (3-4, 4.13) vs. RHP Jacob Barnes (1-3, 5.09)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals begin a 5-game road series tonight with game one against the Huntsville Stars…coming off a 2-8 homestand against Tennessee (1-4) and Mobile (1-4)…are 4-6 against Huntsville this season and 1-4 at Joe Davis Stadium.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Generals, Stars meet at “The Joe” again – In the final season of baseball in Huntsville, the Stars and Generals meet 25 times this season with 15 meetings coming at Joe Davis Stadium (1-4).
• Since May 22, RH Matt Anderson is 3-1 with a 2.23 ERA (12 ER, 48.1 IP) in his last 8 starts. During this stretch he has struck out 38.
• LH Tyler Pike is 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA (2 ER, 12.1 IP) in 3 AA starts. He has limited opponents to a .184 (7×38) average, while walking 11 and striking out 7.
• OF Leon Landry went 0-for-4 last night vs. Mobile snapping his hitting streak at 7 games. During the streak he hit .335 (11×35) with 3 runs scored, 1 triple, 2 RBI and 4 stolen bases. He has also hit safely in 19 of his last 22 games with 11 multi-hit efforts, batting .365 (31×85) with 13 runs scored, 5 doubles, 3 triples, 5 RBI, 3 walks and 9 stolen bases.
• The Generlas scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th inning, including a solo home run by 3B Patrick Kivlehan, but the rally fell short as Jackson lost to Mobile 4-3 on Thursday night.
Kivlehan (1×3, R, HR, RBI), 1B Dan Paolini (1×3, R), C John Hicks (1×3, R, RBI) and 2B Brock Hebert (1×3) each recorded 1 of the team’s 4 hits.
Starter Matt Anderson (8.0,8,3,3,1,9,HR) allowed 3 runs on 8 hits, while setting career highs in strikeouts and innings pitched, but did not factor into the decision. RH Stephen Shackleford (1.0,2,1,0,1,3) recorded the loss after allowing an unearned run in the top of the 9th inning.
HOMESTAND BY THE NUMBERS:
• Jackson finished the 10-game homestand 2-8, dropping 4 of 5 from both Tennessee and Mobile.
• Jackson batted .247 and posted a 3.66 ERA with 76 strikeouts in 86.1 IP. The Generals were outscored 41-26.
• Kevin Rivers led the team offensively batting .368 (7×19) with 2 runs scored and a home run.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN:
• INF Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in 19 straight road games, batting .380 (27×71) with 6 doubles, 1 triple, 3 home runs and 20 RBI.
• They are 17-23 on the road this season batting .253 with a 3.63 ERA.
PETERSON HITS SAFELY IN 7 OF FIRST 8 JXN GAMES:
• D.J. Peterson, the No. 2 prospect for the Mariners, according to Baseball America and was Seattle’s 12th overall selection in the 2013 draft out of New Mexico. He has hit safely in 7 of 8 games he has appeared, batting .219 (7×32) with 1 run scored, 2 doubles, 1 RBI and 2 walks.