Game Central (Thursday, July 10) vs. Birmingham
Game #90: Jackson Generals 7-13 (38-51) vs. Birmingham Barons 11-8 (40-49)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Promotions: Dollar Night (MobileNation), Post Game Karaoke
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (3-4, 4.22) vs. RHP Mike Recchia (4-2, 2.83)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals open a 5-game homestand tonight against the Birmingham Barons in Jackson…are coming off a series win at Huntsville (3-2) and have won 3 of 4…also are 3-2 against Birmingham this season and will play the Barons 10 times in the final 50 games.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• SS Ketel Marte recorded 3 hits and 3B D.J. Peterson recorded his 3rd home run as Jackson defeated Huntsville 7-4 in a 6 inning rain-shortened game on Tuesday night.
• Marte (3×4, R, 3B, 3 RBI) and LF Patrick Kivlehan (2×3, R, RBI) each recorded multi-hit efforts as part of an 11-hit attack by the Generals. Peterson (1×4, R, HR, RBI) hit his 3rd home run in his last 4 games with the Generals. He currently leads all Mariners farmhands with 21 home runs this season (18 with High Desert).
• Starter Cam Hobson (5.0,6,4,4,0,1,HR) recorded his 5th win of the season, allowing 4 runs on 6 hits in 5.0 innings. RH David Colvin (0.1,0,0,0,0,0) retired the only batters faced in the 6th inning before the game was called to earn his 3rd save.
GENERALS OFFENSE SCORCHING IN LAST 4 GAMES:
• The Generals batted .321 (45×140) over their last 4 games in Huntsville, winning 3 of those, scoring 24 runs on 45 hits with 6 doubles, 3 triples and 7 home runs.
• Jackson now ranks 5th in the league doubles (159), 2nd in triples (30), 4th in slugging (.384) and T-3rd in batting (.261) on the season.
PETERSON HAS HOMERED IN 3 OF LAST 4 GAMES:
• 3B D.J. Peterson homered on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday in Huntsville and hit safely in 12 of 13 games with Jackson, batting .283 (15×53) with 5 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 home runs, 7 RBI and 3 walks.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• This week’s transactions – On Monday LHP Nick Hill was placed on the DL and RHP Matt Brazis (BRAY-zus) was added from A+ High Desert…On Tuesday C John Hicks was promoted to AAA Tacoma and C Steve Baron was added from A+ High Desert.
• Hot Hitting July – After batting .294 as a team in June, the Generals are currently batting .271, which ranks 3rd in the league. The 8 home runs also ranks 3rd in the league.
• INF Dan Paolini has hit safely in all 7 games he has appeared in July, batting .458 (11×24) with 5 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 home run, 5 RBI and 2 walks.
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, batting .321 (17×53) with 8 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 2 RBI and 5 stolen bases. Since June 7, Landry has hit safely in 23 of his last 26 games with 13 multi-hit efforts, batting .359 (37×103) with 18 runs scored, 6 doubles, 3 triples, 5 RBI, 3 walks and 10 stolen bases. During this 26 game stretch he has raised his season average from .236 to .284.
• OF Julio Morban has hit safely in 11 of his last 14 games with 7 multi-hit efforts, batting .340 (18×53) with 6 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 4 RBI and 5 walks.