Game Central (Friday, July 18) at Montgomery
Game #96: Jackson Generals 11-15 (42-53) at Montgomery Biscuits 14-13 (49-48)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | Riverwalk Stadium | Montgomery, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (3-2, 3.88) vs. RHP Albert Suarez (1-0, 1.50)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals play game 3 of a 5-game series in Montgomery (1-1) tonight at Riverwalk Stadium…Jackson is coming off back-to-back series victories at HVL (3-2) and vs. BIR (3-1)…have won 7 of 10 overall…will play 13 games with Montgomery over the course of the final 44 games, 8 coming at Riverwalk Stadium.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Facing a 3-2 deficit entering the 6th inning, the Generals posted six runs in the frame behind six hits and a walk, highlighted by a
Patrick Kivlehan RBI triple, Julio Morban RBI single and a Dario Pizzano three-run home run.
• Every player in the lineup recorded a hit including six multi-hit games. D.J. Peterson recorded three singles, while Kivlehan had a double and a triple.
• Tyler Olson recorded the win while Matt Brazis (1.0), Moises Hernandez (1.0) and Richard Vargas (2.0) shut down Montgomery over the last 4.0 innings.
PIZZA MAN STARTING TO DELIVER IN DOUBLE-A:
• OF Dario Pizzano reached base 4 times Thursday and is currently has an 9-game hitting streak and is batting ,526 (10×19) with 6 runs, 3 triples, 2 home runs and 8 RBI over his last 6 games. His average has jumped from .163 to .215 during hit streak.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• July by the numbers – After batting .294 as a team in June, the Generals are currently batting .289 in July, which ranks 1st in the league. The 14 July home runs ranks 3rd in the league and 8 wins is T-3rd.
• Montgomery leads the league with 22 home runs during the month of July. They are batting just .235 as a team this month, but are 8-7 as a team.
• INF Dan Paolini has hit safely 12 of 13 games appeared in July, batting .354 (17×48) with 8 runs scored, 4 doubles, 3 home
runs, 9 RBI and 2 walks.
• OF Dario Pizzano has hit safely in each of his last 9 games, batting .452 (14×31) with 8 runs
scored, 2 doules, 3 triples, 2 home runs, 13 RBI and 6 walks.
• OF Leon Landry has hit safely in 16 of his last 17 games, batting .316 (24×76) with 9 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 4 RBI and 7 stolen bases. Since June 7, Landry has hit safely in 28 of his last 31 games with 15 multi-hit efforts, batting .349 (44×126) with 19 runs scored, 6 doubles, 3 triples, 7 RBI, 3 walks and 13 stolen bases. During this 30 game stretch he has raised his season average from .236 to .285.
• 3B D.J. Peterson has hit safely in 16 of 17 games with Jackson, batting .324 (23×71) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 4 home runs, 8 RBI and 4 walks.
SANCHEZ NAMED SOUTHERN LEAGUE PITCHER OF THE WEEK:
• Monday RHP Victor Sanchez was named Southern League Pitcher of the Week, July 7-13. Sanchez recorded the win in his only start during the week on July 12 vs. Birmingham. He allowed only 1 run on 3 hits, while walking 1 and striking out a season-high 9 batters in 8.0 innings.
• Over his last 3 starts, RH Victor Sanchez is 2-0 with a 1.42
ERA (3 ER, 19.0 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .156 (10×64), while walking 5 and striking out 15.
PETERSON DOUBLES IN THE FUTURES GAME SUNDAY:
• D.J. Peterson was selected to play in the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game on Sunday at Target Field. Peterson started at first base for the U.S. Team and was 1-for-2 with a double. Peterson’s former High Desert teammate Gabby Guerrero, the starting DH for the World Team, was 0-for-2 with a strikeout.
VIVA LA VARGAS IN THE SECOND HALF OUT OF PEN:
• RH Richard Vargas has appeared in 9 games since the All-Star break going 1-0, and is 3-for-3 in save opportunities, not allowing a run in 10.0 IP. Vargas has walked 5 and struck out 12, while giving up just 2 hits holding opponents to a .057 AVG (2×35). This is after going 0-1, with a 6.12 ERA in the first half going 2-for-4 in save opportunities walking 24 and striking out 30 in 32.1 IP.