Game #129: Jackson Generals 26-33 (57-71) at Huntsville Stars 28-31 (74-55)
Time/Place: 6:30 pm CT | Joe Davis Stadium | Huntsville, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (6-5, 3.88) vs. LHP Brent Suter (10-8, 4.19)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals conclude a 5-game road series at Huntsville (1-3) with game 5 of the set…this is Jackson’s 5th and final series with Huntsville this season and are 12-12 overall against the Stars and 5-9 at Joe Davis Stadium.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Every Jackson batter had a hit as the Generals out-hit Huntsville Wednesday night, 14-6, but fell 6-4 at Joe Davis Stadium.
• 1B Dan Paolini (3×5, 2B) led the way with 3 hits, including his team-leading 29th double, while CF Leon Landry (2×4), SS Tyler Smith (2×5) and RF Jordy Lara (2×5, HR, 2 RBI) collected 2 hits each.
• C Tyler Marlette (1×4, HR) and 2B Patrick Brady hit back-to-back solo homers in the top of the 4th inning cut the lead to 4-2 and Lara hit a 2-run home run in the 9th to trim the defecit to 6-4, but the 3 home runs were not enough.
• Jackson stranded 14 runners on base and finished 0-for-12 with runners in scoring position.
• Starter Stephen Landazuri ( 2.2,2,4,4,4,1) suffered the loss and RH Stephen Shackleford (2.1,3,2,2,1,1) allowed 2 runs in relief. LH Nick Hill (2.0,1,0,0,0,4) and RH Mayckol Guaipe (1.0,0,0,0,0,1) tossed 3.0 scoreless innings of relief.
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that Tyler Marlette hit a home run for his first Double-A hit Wednesday, but DID YOU KNOW? that the last General that had his first hit a home run was Jabari Blash on August 2, 2013 at Mobile. That was Blash’s first overall at-bat.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Final Trip to Huntsville for Jackson – Tonight marks the final game between Jackson and Huntsville at Joe Davis Stadium. The franchise is moving to a brand new ballpark in Biloxi, MS for 2015.
• The Generals are 12-12 against Huntsville this season and are batting .282 with 21 home runs. The Stars are batting .255 against Jackson and the Generals have out-scored the Stars 114-100 in the 24 games.
• Leading the SL in Homers Since July 1st – After hitting just 40 home runs over their first 81 games, Jackson has hit 45 home runs over their last 47 games since July 1st which leads the Southern League in that period of time. The Generals have hit 24 home runs in August and 9 in their last 4 games.
• The Generals are in the midst of playing 21 games in 21 days to close the season (4-6) including 5 more home games against Chattanooga (8/22-8/26) with current road trip to Huntsville and Montgomery. 6 of the final 11 games are against North Division foes. Jackson is 33-32 against their remaining opponents.
• Olson gets the win in game 1 on Tuesday – Over his last 4 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 3-1 with a 1.09 ERA (3 ER, 24.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .223 (21×94) average, while walking 4 and striking out 20. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 5-2 with a 2.41 ERA (11 ER, 41.0 IP) over his last 7 starts.
• LH Kyle Hunter has not allowed a run over his last 19.2 innings (11G/1GS). During this stretch, since July 16, Hunter has limited opponents to a .191 (13×68) average, while walking 5 and striking 11.
• RH Trevor Miller has not allowed an earned run in his last 201 IP over 8 relief app. During this stretch, since July 24, he has limited opponents to a .191 (13×68) AVG, while walking 4 and striking out 17.
• OF Dario Pizzano has a hit in 6 of his last 7 games batting .333 (8×24), with 4 doubles, 1 home run and 5 RBI.
• OF Leon Landry has recorded a hit in 10 of his last 12 games, batting .319 (15×47) with 8 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 2 walks and 1 stolen base.
GENERALS IN SEATTLE:
• The current active Mariners roster features 13 former Generals. 3B Kyle Seager was named an American League All-Star.
•,Roenis Elias, Tom Wilhelmsen, Dominic Leone and Yoervis Medina, Erasmo Ramirez and Taijuan Walker are members of the M’s pitching staff.
• Dustin Ackley, Michael Saunders,, Kyle Seager, Brad Miller, Jesus Sucre, Mike Zunino and Chris Taylor are position players.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers that rank among the best in MiLB. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is 1st in all of MiLB in hits with 166 this season.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J. Peterson 102 3rd 1st
Patrick Kivlehan 98 T-4th T-2nd
Jordy Lara 98 T-4th T-2nd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 28 T-9th T-1st
Jordy Lara 25 — 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 19 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .341 T-16th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .308 — 4th
D.J. Peterson .296 — 6th